Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After looking and thinking yes, then no. I have decided that I am going to try and trade for a new 1800. I have a 96 GL1500 35,000miles. Lots of extras(almost to many for me) The previous owner loved chrome. I also have a 1980 Corvette with 30,000 miles on it I got in another trade. I am looking at trading these in on a new GL1800. Not sure how it will go. But I figure this should be pretty close for a trade. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Digger you are to much like me. All the chrome gets in the way from riding. And you like to ride. Chrome takes time to polish. If I make the trade for the 1800 the only thing I think I am adding is highway pegs.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I know, but they won't give you any more $$ for the chrome... might just give it to somebody who wants/needs it :D

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I will ask the salesman tomorrow and tell him that digger needs it more than he does. I bet he will understand.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Do you want me to ask if he would rather have a black instead of a red? If he does I will trade you a bunch of chrome.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

you were talking chrome gets in the way while riding. But what do you do in between riding and.... what else is there, besides cleaning. Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right. Chrome is good.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Chrome is good. Makes a nice looking bike. I am just thinking of upgrading. Just not sure how much trade value a Corvette has at a Honda dealership. If I am going to sell outright will probibly have to wait til spring. Vette price range between 8 and 12,000 this car is a good to above average driver. It is not a show car. It has been driven by its previous owner on nice days. Has only seen rain a couple of times in 28 years. Never been out in winter weather.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Dealer is not going to give you what you want, that is a given. Unless you are willing to lose a bunch, wait and sell it in the spring, economy should be a bit better by then anyway. But then prices on new Goldwings are really good now. hmmmm, no, if I did that I would have to pay more to have it triked.
Ahhh, what the neck to for broke, support the American economy.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Talked to salesman at dealership where I bought my Kawasaki Concours. He seems interested. I sent him pictures of the bike and vette. I think the bike and the vette are worth what a basic premium sound wing will sell for. Will talk to him later today. If it is meant to happen it will. I don't think he wants me to take all the chrome off for digger though.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2, What do you have in mind for the Wing ?. I am looking for a 1500 Wing to be converted to a Trike for the lady , but with all the shipping cost , import tax ,value added tax and convert ion cost i have some mathematics to do.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

SA Wingrider wrote:
Ghost Rider 2, What do you have in mind for the Wing ?. I am looking for a 1500 Wing to be converted to a Trike for the lady , but with all the shipping cost , import tax ,value added tax and convert ion cost i have some mathematics to do.
Have not considered selling it yet. If I sell the wing then I have to sell the vette also. I was trying to make it simple and just trade both for the new wing. Not sure what will happen yet. If we are very close it will happen. If they want a bunch of cash extra, not happening.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2, Thanks ,but please let now on the forum what you want for the Wing after you have a price for the corvette..................can still be a quick deal.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Look like I will be riding the 1500 another year. The dealership is turning into a stealership. The offer for the vette was not up to par. So I am replacing the tires and riding the 1500 for a little longer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.