Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wouldnt you know it,the first weekend the wife has a chance
to take a spin on the 84 it let me down:shock:Our daughter had a sleep over at a friends,wife was off so we figured on a ride over to Missouri.Packed a few things for a nice long day,loaded the ice chest with some snacks and water.Run through the check list,top off tire pressure,adjusted shock pressure and off we go.7 miles to Wally World to fill up and hit the road.Two miles from the gas stop at stop sign felt hard to shift...clutch lever felt different.By the time get to the pumps,have to kick it out of gear to stop.
Gas up,check clutch master cyl..ok but very little to no clutch...no leaks.Well load back up fire the ole girl up and grab and go,no stops back to the house to end our long
fourteen mile road trip:ROFL:.Of course shifted up ok,down not so easy.Did notice if I take the lever and snatch it back fast and hard it would work better.Clutch pulls fine no slippage at all.No chance to check over today but figuring on rebuilding master cyl and slave cyl cause sure sounds like air made its way to the system due to a seal or Oring failure....Put the ice chest in the car and went on over to Missouri,did a little shopping and ate supper.By that time I was over my sulking:smiler:Saw the sun rise,saw it set and the dirt was under my shoes......hey I call that a good a good day.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

:claps:
Any day you can get up and enjoy the sunrise is a good day.
What you do with it is what counts.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well thanks,but was just a bump in the road..lol. I will do that,we get down that way from time to time as well.Have family in Maumelle as well as friends and family in Hot Springs....spent about 30 years there.Thanks again,have a good week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.