Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to take it for a little ride today..My first time on a BMW.

I really liked the power and the smooth ride,The 6 gear trans was really nice.It will get up there and cruise.

I didn't like the windshield,too much wind from about the shoulders up. The clutch really felt odd to me, if you didn't get the right amount of throttle at the right time when changing gears it felt like it ws going to throw you over the handle bars..

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Very good looking bike. 2004 1150RS?

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
No way I'd get one of those. I'd be in jail or in traction within a week. I can feel the blood running to the wrong brain already.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
No way would I own a BMW. Aside from the image problem (for me) they are always breaking down, and parts and service costs way more than a Japanese bike. I wouldn't have a problem with a vintage BMW, but the newer ones seem to only be ridden by snobs wearing Aerostitch Roadcrafter suits. Another forum I belong to, advrider.com, thinks they are the greatest bike ever made, while at the same time constantly complaining about all the problems they have with them. They seem to be more of a status symbol than anything else. To me anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.