Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Last Wednesday my 19 year old son got his motorcycle license. I sent him through the Ride Chicago school so that he would learn the right way and not my bad habits. I was more nervouse watching him takehis riding test then when I took mine. He got a perfect score. I am really going to enjoy my new riding partner.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

Congrats Bob, and congrats to your son as well....a perfect score huh? you should be proud! :jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am very proud. It was great seeing him buckle down and work at it. He can be a little cocky at times (19 years old)but he has been showing the bike respect not out of fear but out of smarts. He will be riding either the GL1100 or the BMW K100RT so he knows he better be smart not smartalek about it or he won't ride. Ilook forward to ourfirst trip.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Give that young man a big high five from Florida!!

I can almost remember being 19, I did say almost. Riding bikes back then was alot of fun.

Enjoy the times riding with him.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Bob. Sounds like you instilled just the right amount of respect in your boy as well as the drive to learn the right way as well.

Have fun with your new riding partner! :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Congratulations!!!!

I have a 20 year old son that will be home from college this weekend.... He normally rides his 1983 Suzuki GS 650 L, but this weekend he will finally get a chance to take a spin on my GL 1200 A.. albeit a short spin....

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

congratulations to your son and yourself for getting anew riding partner

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Well done to your son (Give us his name then we can say it properly). You will be a proud Father.

My good lady wife Joy passed her test about a month ago aged 53 first time of trying not as good as your son but only 5 minors Proud husband!

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

My son also 19 got his liecense last year. We found a higher milage 1100 for him. He rode for a month or so. A co/worker of his was killed on a Harley. He decided he did not want to own a bike anymore. I bought the bike from him thinking it would pass. We sold that bike this spring. He does ride one of my bikes sometimes, but says he does not care for it much.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Excellent news Bob.... at least he won't get a note like on all my school reports.... "could try harder" a 100% is hard to achieve I bet. :clapper:

Have fun with the riding together, don't forget to tuck the keys to the 1800 under the pillow at night from now on!!!!!!:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Congrads to both of you! one for him passing with perfection and to you for gaining a riding buddy:cool:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Here is my son, Jim. This was taken before he got his full face helmet and black leather gloves. He has the look down pat now. He does look good on the ole'wing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Next year I hope to move my youngest (Pat)from the back to the front seat and get him licensed also.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.