Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everything is how it should be, bike in neutral, engine cut off switch in the right position. I noticed she only starts if i roll the throttle a bit. what can it possibly be? a bad starter? i just want to fix it before i get stranded somewhere.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
starter spins, and it even fires so it seem, but then just dies right after as if it were a cold day and the choke wasnt even open. i wonder if this got worse from a previous problem, because before i would press the start button and nothing would happen not even a sound
, and after a couple of tries it would decide to work.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
starter spins, and it even fires so it seem, but then just dies right after as if it were a cold day and the choke wasnt even open. i wonder if this got worse from a previous problem, because before i would press the start button and nothing would happen not even a sound
, and after a couple of tries it would decide to work.
No, if the starter is working that has nothing to do with the current problem. The neon coil has cured some 1100s of your problem.

Reactions: OldSchool_IsCool

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
If you're applying throttle to make it start, it may be fuel delivery.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
How old is the battery? Hope it's not 1 of Everstart from Walmart, those are junk, I know from experience
Been running a walmart battery for over 3 years.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Check you battery cables too. Make sure they are tight AND clean at both the battery and at the other end. You mentioned that at one point you got no noise at all (assume you mean no cranking) then it would crank and sorta start. Loose or dirty batt cables could explain that.

+1 on the Neon coils. I put in a set and am quite impressed with the ease that my 1100 starts now. I had problems with restarts when hot, but that doesn't sound like your issue... yet.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you have a thread on the previous problem?
I dont think i have Dennis, something similar though. ill consider the neon coil, thanks Dave. the battery is still under a year old, so not too old. I also changed the fuel filter under a year ago so i doubt its that. although i just forgot to mention an important detail. a couple of weeks ago i laid her down. she was down for only a good 20 seconds or so, but after that she wouldnt start. i spent 10 minutes or so until i decided to roll the throttle and she finally fired up. could it still be from this incident?

·
Registered
290 Posts
(I have a Walmart Everstart battery in all three of my Goldwings, all at least three years old or more.)
When you laid the bike down you could have sloshed some junk loose that is now plugging a carb jet or some such. Does it run okay once you get it started?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
runs just fine once started. but iith as been a while now since the issue has occurred. so maybe it was just some some junk clogged up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.