Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During reassembly noticed a white connector, right side. It’s in Steve’s vid at 8:20-8:30. Racking my brain. Is it the airbag connector which I don’t have?

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
Without looking I would say it is the CB radio connector. Do you have a CB?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave. Nope, no CB. Since Steve didn’t mention it during the tear down I went ahead and closed the operation. Really not a bad process if you have a spare day.

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
Hi Dave. Nope, no CB. Since Steve didn’t mention it during the tear down I went ahead and closed the operation. Really not a bad process if you have a spare day.
I have had a little practice but can do it in an hour.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,716 Posts
An hour is impressive!
oh, he can do it, have watched him 3 times, once at his home doing maintenance on my 1800 and twice at rallys helping others.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Here is where Honda put the CB connector on the 06 and newer wings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Joe. That’s exactly it. Yea, seeing that and looking all around for a mate is when I had visions of loading bike on trailer and dragging it to a dealership (with my tail between my legs) LOL It all worked out. I figure doing every 25000 mile service saved me $600 labor. It turned out to be a good day!

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Your welcome. Several years back when me and a couple riding buddies worked on our bikes I wouold take pictures of some stuff to reference in the future if we needed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts