Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the road less travelled and got home safe with a smile on my face.

I hope all are riding safe.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Home safe and sound about 3:30 pm yesterday. Packing furiously for the east coast today..
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome on our first nassir event. We really had a great time and enjoyed every minute.

Lorne & Judy

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
The Mrs. and I left early this morning to avoid as much of the heat as we could, and it worked pretty well. Got home about 10:15 with nare a sweat bead on my head. We had a great time, Bob and Anita did a wonderful job, sorry Anita you didn't get any riding in. Sally loved it so much I have already been told to move heaven and earth to make sure we attend next years.

One odd thing, while driving through horse farm country a lot of the horses seem to be running with us along the fence. I can only imagine they had sensed there were two more wild rhinos running in the pack and they wanted to pay their respects. It was either that or, I was practicing the mating sound of the wild rhinos at the time, they may have been looking for a date. :shock::shock:

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
We made it home safe and sound.

in some places, that much fun would land you in jail.

Looking forward to next year's party.

Doug and Rena

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Safe

got home at 10:15PM after self-baking at the Peace Bridge for about 45 mins around noon,bike ran fine after battery recharged itself after the electrical incident
thanks to everyone for the warm greeting to a "firsttimer" , i will be at NASSIR-7

? Does everyone in Ontario leave for the USA everyday and come back at night since 95% of the vehicles had ON plates and even leaving a foot in front of mc resulted in someone trying to cut in front of you. GRRRRRRR:notrolls::cussing::cussing::cussing:

·
Administrator
20,570 Posts
Well.......You can let all the women and children back out into the streets in Canada as Flyone has returned to the US. Just boarded a flight in Buffalo heading out to Atlanta.

The flight that arrived from Atlanta had a fallen Marine on board bringing his remains back to Buffalo. The Airport authorities, the Patriot Guard, and Buffalo Police Dept and the passengers in the terminal did a good job bringing this soldier home.

Prayers going out for his family.

Will post once finally home.

Had a great time with everybody!

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone hear from luddy? He left early with a cracked front rotor.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Anyone hear from luddy? He left early with a cracked front rotor.

Thanks for the concern, I made it home Wed. afternoon, had no problem with the rotor, but was exhausted and tired from the heat. Thanks again, but I'm safe!

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the concern, I made it home Wed. afternoon, had no problem with the rotor, but was exhausted and tired from the heat. Thanks again, but I'm safe!
Glad to hear it. We'll be looking for you in North Carolina next year.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Matt and I made it back to Michigan just fine. Thanks to all for the hospitality and making 22.5/35 feel like one of the guys. He really enjoyed the week.

·
Premium Member
12,700 Posts
We made the first leg down to Richmond Va. An 11hr run that took 15hrs . but heck ,J got to see the lower shore of Lake Erie . White caps and all .Garmine and I aren't the best of friends this evening .

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I didn't make it to this years NASSIR 6,... but already have our reservations in for NASSIR 7. Thanks, Halfling for turning me on.
thecruiser

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Anita and I got home with no problems. I drove the truck and she rode her bike. Unfortunately Anita only got to ride to Simcoe and home, but we still had a wonderful time and met a lot of great old friends and some wonderful new ones. We will be booking for N7 soon.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
And I can verify Tricky and Mrs. Tricky got home safe. And as we were pulling out of his driveway I saw him already changing his locks.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Administrator
20,570 Posts
I can verify that Flyone is home! Well.....it's like home anyway!:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
And I can verify Tricky and Mrs. Tricky got home safe. And as we were pulling out of his driveway I saw him already changing his locks.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
That wasn't a joke was it Dennis?????:):)

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I can also verify that Tricky was changing locks as I pulled out of the driveway. I did ask if he counted the silverware too as D-Rod was staying in the house. D=Rod must have been up all night contemplating dastardly deeds because he never did hear reveille at 7:30

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Jeanette and I got home yesterday evening, 2100 miles on the bike and very sore butts
The advice for crossing at Port Huron was spot on, waited only 15-20 min.
saws-n-wings rode with us as far as Springfield Ill. Was great to have another bike to ride with for all those miles.
Hope to see everyone at NASSIR 7.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.