Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
While we didn't actually make it across the boarder for NASSIR 6 we were on the road taking a trip as an alternate...so, I thought I'd post here that Nancy and I are home safe. While we were VERY disappointed that we couldn't get across the boarder and attend we are certainly happy about our alternate choice for a trip. 2456 miles!

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
While we were VERY disappointed that we couldn't get across the boarder and attend we are certainly happy about our alternate choice for a trip. 2456 miles!
OHHHhhhh
You didn't hand them your passport upside down?
They probably thought you were trying to cross the Mexican border, hence no Canyada crossing.

:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Made it back to Arkansas earlier today. 3590 miles on this trip. Enjoyed riding part of the way home with mechtech 1 and his wife. Already looking forward to NASSIR 7.Great fun thanks to our Canadian friends!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Home yesterday at 2:45PM. Left 6 and went to Quebec City where we had personal guides by a couple we used to meet in Puerto Rico although they do not go there anymore. Then we went to Lake George for a couple days and found a very friendly and nice hotel named Lake Haven Hotel, a great place to stay if in that area. Just before arriving home it started to rain and has not stopped so we beat the deluge by half hour or so.

Our thanks to the organizers of 6 and the excellent time we had. Ride long and often.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I finally found my way home. 14 days, 2902 miles. This trip was the tale of different weather for the two weeks. The first week(nassir) , HOT HOT HOT & then more heat. The second week was mid September weather (I like).

I'd like to thank Bob & Anita for making my first NASSIR a great one.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I think the only one we haven't heard from is English Bob and Caramelcat. I hope all is well with them.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed N6. It was an honour and a pleasure to be one the hosts. It was nice having a smaller group since it allowed more interaction between friends.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
Made it back to Arkansas earlier today. 3590 miles on this trip. Enjoyed riding part of the way home with mechtech 1 and his wife. Already looking forward to NASSIR 7.Great fun thanks to our Canadian friends!
Hope to one day be able to spend time on my bike like Saws-n-wings, was great to be able to ride with them and share some miles and smiles.

The Canadians were great hosts, although the weather didn't cooperate. I hope to get back up that way in the near future to see the sights.
Many new friends and fellow Rhinos. Horns up, lets ride.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry for not posting earlier, we were staying in a house with NO INTERNET CONNECTION, can you believe it?

This is not a good excuse, there was a Tim's down the road, but I decided to post when we actually got home, which was tonight.

What a ride!!!!!!!! We cooked in Brampton on the way to Peterborough, 40C for a while, then back to a cool 37.

We got to Peterborough and discovered a 3" screw in the back tire, fortunately there was family to lend me tools and take me around the bike shops looking for a tire. I am now running a Metzler on the back, seems OK.

Having cooked we then were marinated in rainwater and Lake Superior fog at a cool 10C, (so we wouldn't go off while marinating)

Caramelcat's rainsuit proved inadequate, we arrived in The Soo to find she was just as wet underneath as on the outside, we fixed that and headed home, and The Soo to Thunder Bay was cold wet and windy all the way, but at least she was dry.

Today was a great ride, 23C, sunny and not much wind, the sort of day that makes you forget all the others.

We had a great time at NASSIR, Bob and Anita and all their helpers did a great job and I even learnt about bourbon, (I may try and forget that). Hope to see y'all at that place whose name I have forgotten next year.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
It appears everyone now has made it home safe and sound. I hope to see you all again next year at N7.:waving:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.