Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
57,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the first nine years the name NASSIR (North American Steve Saunders International Rally) has been synonymous with great times and good memories shared with friends both old and new. The use of this particular name has solidly tied our summer rallies to goldwingfacts.com (Steve’s forum). In 2012 Steve sold the forum to Vertical Scope which created a legal bond between them and the use of the names Steve Saunders and NASSIR became proprietary. As hard as we all have tried, things were never quite the same for our forum community after the sale and being owned by a corporate giant has made forum life difficult at best, especially as it pertains to our annual M&G. In an attempt to renew interest in our family oriented summer meet and greets it has been decided that a name change is in order so that we can legally disassociate ourselves with the Steve Saunders and NASSIR names as well as the very commercialized Vertical Scope organization.

Therefore, NASSIR 9 was the last event to use "NASSIR" in the name and we changed it to the North American Summer Rally (NASR), thus avoiding any legal issues associated with the original name but at the same time retaining the overall pronunciation.

Additional detailed information can be found at the link provided below.

In addition, the NAGF Community ownership has graciously offered to become the primary sponsor of NASR and will provide us with a friendly and non-commercialized home for our event coordination free of charge. This will include event information hosting, discussion threads and even a dedicated online storefront for making event signups and purchases easier to manage and track. Thus, going forward, information concerning all of the details for NASR will be found on the North American Goldwings Forum at

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/community/forums/index.php?/topic/13359-nasr-11/

There you will find many of the familiar names/faces you are already acquainted with. Please feel free to link back to that information from whatever forum you choose to call home or, if you are so inclined, create an account there and pull up a chair!

Looking forward to seeing you next July at NASR 11... :laugh:

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/community/forums/index.php?/topic/13359-nasr-11/

·
Registered
226 Posts
for those who have not ever attended a national summer rally, please try and come see the forum members at our next event.

Unable to get any of the links to respond. Unable to get the GOOGLE listing for the website to respond. :(
Not having any problems with the Link in post #2.

--From the link (note the dates are Tue-Wed-Thur)

North American Summer Rally - NASR 11

July 10th, 11th, 12th 2018

Location: The Riverside Inn 515 E Eads Pkwy, Greendale, IN 47025

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I find this info to be kind of confusing to me.I can find where and when , but not sure I can find the attendees list. Or was that for last year?
I wish Everything was kept under NASIR 12.
Where is the attendee list?
I dont do FB and im not inclined to go to other forums for info

·
Administrator
57,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We intentionally created this new method of finding the forums,

and we have then moved the older NASR events back out one level so they don't show up in this year's event forum.

we do not delete the old NASR or NASSIR threads, just moved them out of the Current NASR forum.

Please note, that you selected the Oldest forum on the list, 'NASSIR' which is a version of the name that we no long use, since we brought the web host back to this Forum where it originally started.... moving it away from our forum was a Fiasco and just created way too much confusion.

I created the Facebook page simply because there are folks who no longer use a computer, or motorcycle forums period. they have submerged into Social Media, but it is, what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts