Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yes,
being that young, you do NOT want to trust him to a kennel service.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
was looking into this but the web site for the Dam Quary campgrounds is not showing anything if you wanting to stay all week. I was thinking of coming down on Sunday afternoon and staying to Saturday.

·
Administrator
27,104 Posts
was looking into this but the web site for the Dam Quary campgrounds is not showing anything if you wanting to stay all week. I was thinking of coming down on Sunday afternoon and staying to Saturday.
Were you on this web site?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Yes I have 5th wheel and needing large site. All I found open for the entire week were short 20-30 foot.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
If you been there could you let me know something else. It says 2 viehicle only. I have truck, trailer, and 3 bikes in it

·
Administrator
27,104 Posts
If you been there could you let me know something else. It says 2 viehicle only. I have truck, trailer, and 3 bikes in it
No, I haven't been there but have you tried any of the other camp grounds?

·
Just one of the guys
4,818 Posts

I made my reservation online a couple of months ago without any problem, it could be they are getting full. It might be worth it to try to call them on Monday, they might know what sites can fit you.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I was going to try and call
I have been reading on internet where people are making bunch of reservations so if they want to go they have site. If not they just cancel. That kind of crap deal.

·
Just one of the guys
4,818 Posts
I was going to try and call
I have been reading on internet where people are making bunch of reservations so if they want to go they have site. If not they just cancel. That kind of crap deal.
With all of the RV forums chatting about full reservations for the summer I suspect “just-in-case” reservations are happening. Kind of rude IMO to make reservations unless one is plenty sure they are going to use them.

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Call them on the Phone,
the bikes will not be counted against you, the arrived in the trailer.

I have been at a lot of campgrounds, and no one ever complained that I had a m/c with me...
nearly all campers do, m/c or ATV

·
Pwhoever
3,276 Posts
I have talked to the campground twice for various questions. Both times they have been more than pleasant. It's worth reaching out to them...

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I will give them a call today

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Nothing available at "Dam-Quarry for the entire week for large 5th wheel or motorhome. There are a couple available the first 1/2 of week. I even looked around and figured I could move during the week. Nothing for Thurs to Saturday. There are very few sites left that can hold a 20 to 30 foot unit.
Is there another campground close that could handle a 50+ foot truck and 5th wheel?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
go back to the 1st post in this thread,
I posted all of the closest campgrounds there

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
i finally found a place up on north end of lake. Hold time for making reservation is 15 plus minutes. it may be full by the time we get to talk to someone.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Found a place in Arkansas. Will not be there for the M&G but will probably stop by. Will check closer to time to see if there are times set for anything that going on.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts