·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Best thing to do

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,136 Posts
After talking with the coordinators & trusted members the decision has been made to postpone the NASR 13 event until June 8-10, 2021. There is just no way of knowing how long this COVID-19 event will last. Granted we may have been able to have it as scheduled but with the border closings & the Shelter At Home orders there was just no way to insure safe, efficient travel for our members. I am working with the host location to have the reservations moved to next year's timeframe. Will keep you posted with any further developments.

FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THE CHANGE FROM 2020 TO 2021,
THIS IS THE POST referring to Covid and not worth the risk to make it this year.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THE CHANGE FROM 2020 TO 2021,
THIS IS THE POST referring to Covid and not worth the risk to make it this year.

Hi John so is it still on for 2021 in Arkansas ? Miss you here in AZ

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Contacted our hosts today. Everything there is a go! We will continue to monitor conditions/edicts that may effect the event. Hopefully by June most of the travel restrictions will be lifted.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Not True:
All cabins are identical, Andy, Dave, Chuck & I reviewed them over Labor Day weekend while we were attending Midwest Meet 'n Greet in Harrison, AR.

there are 2 private bedrooms downstairs, each with a private in-suite bathroom. 2 Queen beds in each.

there are 3 bedrooms upstairs with a single shared bathroom.

a total of 10 people can stay in a cabin if you are willing to share facilities, or pay for the private suites. ( no decision on that cost as of yet )

All cabins are "upstairs over a carport, which is huge, easily park 10 bikes under there.
Don't forget, that the cabins can accommodate lots of people, so grouping together with friends will deflate the cost per family.
OK - All those with Apnea Machines........Cabin #1

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Just hope the border opens up and this covid thing gets put to rest. Sounds of things we may not be eligible for our covid shots until July and if borders do open you may have to have your covid documentation too. Like we've been doing for the last year....hurry up and wait.

·
Premium Member
20,618 Posts
I am confirmed and hope to see everyone there!!!!

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
20,618 Posts
I think that if we are smart and don’t do anything stupid, it will be good. Working on plans for the next NASR!

·
Premium Member
12,063 Posts
Right now me and Dee Dee are still
planning to attend If I can get healed
up from this Prostate cancer surgery.
See the doc on Monday to follow up
from surgery. Hopefully we'll be good to go.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,136 Posts
I just updated the title, and this is to be a reminder:

the new confirmed date, as of Today: will be June 8-10, 2021

·
big PIA
1,471 Posts
This 1 sounds great, I remember when we were down there 2years ago that me and my wife wound up riding from the bottom of the dam up, we are hoping to get to check it out sometime . Just not sure about getting the time off at that point in the year

·
Premium Member
2017 CanAm Spyder
100 Posts
Gotta love a 10% discount. Thank you! Firepits, pavilion. Sounding better all the time. This is gonna be a great NASR. Guess I best get busy making something for the auction.
Maureen and I are planning on being at NASR 13. I have been trying to talk to Norfork River Resort about a room. They are not talking right now due to struggling with water leaks. Guess they had some frozen pipes.

Reactions: lopeha

·
Premium Member
2017 CanAm Spyder
100 Posts
Maureen (Dragon Lady) and I, Jeffrey (GreenDragon) have room #320 in the Lodge for the night of June 7th and leaving the morning of June 12th. We are so looking forward to the trip and the visits with all the NASR friends, COVID or not!!
Jeffrey J. Eller

Reactions: DaveO430

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Nice to know you guys are still going strong. I believe we can make it this year. Guess we will have to put a pole up for Maureen ! LOL Stay safe and Healthy.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2017 CanAm Spyder
100 Posts
Nice to know you guys are still going strong. I believe we can make it this year. Guess we will have to put a pole up for Maureen ! LOL Stay safe and Healthy.

Chuck
She has been working really hard to stay/get in shape during the Scam-demic, I mean pandemic!

·
Premium Member
2017 CanAm Spyder
100 Posts
Now I will need to get new tires, an oil change, good going over! And that is just so I can ride once the snow is gone and the temps reach above freezing. I don't carer much for riding in the cold, putting on all the heated clothing is a pain and too bulky. Barely got 5,000 miles on the Spyder this winter. I do have over 50,000 on it now, but should be twice the much.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

·
Premium Member
2017 CanAm Spyder
100 Posts
Is there any information on meals, available places to eat as a group, cooking on site, etc.? Also, will there be planned rides, or go on your owing you want to ride the area?

41 - 60 of 136 Posts