Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
27,358 Posts
Not trying to be a Debby Downer but I see that Georgia, North Carolina as well as Virginia have declared a state of emergency as a result of the ransomware attack on the Colonial pipeline causing a temporary gas shortage. It is already having an impact on Florida, South Carolina and Alabama. I'm gonna guess that it will probably extend out from there before long. Hopefully a solution is found soon and the gas supplies are opened back up. But as this event draws closer, can those members in at least Arkansas and Missouri give a heads up if this starts to reach there as well?
Will do, lets hope it blows over soon.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
PUre Gas jumped ~40 cents a gallon,
just paid $3.05 for PureGas for my lawnmower equipment
at least no stations in my area has posted 'no gas' so far.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
We are still waiting to hear about "T" shirts and meals. It has been over a week since we put in the information for what we want, and no response from anyone concerning this.
Jeffrey, I responded back to you the next day via PM. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I'll send it again.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Not trying to be a Debby Downer but I see that Georgia, North Carolina as well as Virginia have declared a state of emergency as a result of the ransomware attack on the Colonial pipeline causing a temporary gas shortage. It is already having an impact on Florida, South Carolina and Alabama. I'm gonna guess that it will probably extend out from there before long. Hopefully a solution is found soon and the gas supplies are opened back up. But as this event draws closer, can those members in at least Arkansas and Missouri give a heads up if this starts to reach there as well?
Mike, will watch what happens and make a decision if needed.

Reactions: Pwhoever

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Just looked at this meeting.I see it was planned in 2019 originally. I see the new dates.
All the other info stands regarding location etc. Correct?
How many people do normally show up?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
between 25 to 40 on average, no way to know for sure.
things happen that alters a lot of folks plans...

for this year, IIRC, we have 37 that have reservations and will be there.
add spouses and friends, and the number gets larger

·
big PIA
1,470 Posts
It's official, we will not be in attendance again. I was so looking forward to it but my wife's medical issues are persisting. We thought that they were worked out but she is having issues yet again and can't trust making the trip and her having a reoccurrance

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
The location is still
Norfork River Resort in Norfork, Arkansas.?
Peter,
that is where we are, it has never changed, just the dates got delayed by Covid.
we are going this year, come hell or high water

if you want a cabin/hotel room at the resort, best call them tonight, they are filling up fast

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Jeffrey, I responded back to you the next day via PM. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I'll send it again.
Jeffrey, did you receive my PM about your order? Was sent 17 days ago. Will resend the info if you would like.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
If anyone is using I-40 East Bound near Memphis, the bridge is out for the rest of the summer.

Best idea is to just avoid Memphis altogether, because all of the routes near there will be slow-mo because of traffic jams.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Dont care for T shirts. Meals ,whatever most of the group does. Ill send Pay Pall or Zelle. Give me account and amount pls
Will PM the info this morning.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Just checked and our reservations that we made last year are still in effect so we will be down on the 7th and be coming home on the 10th. Look forward to seeing everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
11 Days & Counting! Still have time to find that special auction item that represents your home area! Shaping up to be a great time! CYA'll real soon!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,130 Posts
Yup,
it is getting close folks,
Andy and I will be there Sunday, so y'all come on in and pow wow with us.

·
Just one of the guys
4,825 Posts
Our planned arrival is Monday afternoon. See you all then.

Reactions: AZgl1800
101 - 120 of 136 Posts