Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
I have started making plans on going with my backup ride.

the little Piaggio MP3 250cc scooter, I visited Metric Cycles in Tulsa last Tuesday and ordered up a new set of Michelin tires for it.
Why? got to thinking, that just maybe, it would not be a good idea to do a tour on the OEM 2009 set of tires 馃憖 :rolleyes:

I am going to keep the tires that come off the scooter, as they are a rare bird, and if on an off chance, one of the new tires got ruined beyond being usable, I could put the older tire back on to finish up the trip.

Administrator
I thought we did cross post on *.docs last year?
it was done by Andy 'Lopeha' IIRC

I have been cross posting help links from here to *.docs and there back to this forum. Scott has never deleted any of those that I am aware.

I have made folks aware, that I post "good info" from where ever I find it, if the source is valid the name of the source is not important.
unlike 'glriders' who refuse to accept any off site links period. that is anathema to good sportsmanship.

as of this week, my daughter says she wants to go, which increases the Logistics for me a lot.....
I planned on just trailering the Piaggio on the Tilt Bed trailer with a minimum of Fuss and lost MPG on the truck....
IF, she can abide by loosing the Toy Hauler, then we will make the trip that way.... if not, then I have to do a LOT of prep work on the Toy Hauler as it has not been maintained like it should since we got home from Florida with it.

Administrator
Rex, and Crew,
I am copying my PM from Scott here:

Re: Cross Posting forum events

Sent: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:22 am
Recipient: AZgl1800

AZgl1800 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am I have been asked if you would mind letting Rex Cameron (host) cross link a post about next year's NASR-14 event in Custer SD.

It has been brought up that our country has a lot of members who can't participate in a lot of events because of the extra long distances from their homes to where a lot of events seem to be predominate ( east half of lower-48 )

Hope you are having a good day,
John

sigh / now a former gl1800 rider ( gave it to my son last month )

Sure, post away!

Administrator
@Wingnut73

where do you call home?
I looked at your IP addresses and concluded you have a Traveling Job?
all of them Corporate IP accounts, except for one Verizon IP which suggested Texas,
but of course, Texas being 'so tiny', it is easy to "find you" :cool:

Administrator
I used to live and work in Stinnett, TX and took care of all of the Microwave Repeater sites for a company called Panhandle Eastern Pipeline. That was in 1970-1978. Our field office was in Liberal, KS and I traveled through Guymon a lot.

I used to own a Piper Tri-Pacer and had it over-hauled in Guymon back in '73 IIRC, installed a 160 hp Lyc engine, and a set of McAllen Gullwing Tips on it.... made it into a regular little Alaskan Bush Plane, it would take off in 360 feet, and land in 165 feet.
Totally unheard of for the TriPacers of that era.

Loved that airplane, wish I had never sold it.

Administrator
65*F is just about the bottom end of my riding pleasure, and 85*F is where my body says I have to find an Air Conditioner....

Life isn't always fair to those of us who have managed to live "this long"

August 30th this year, our 1961 high school class had to include 5 years to get enough of us together to have a Reunion.
1959 through 1963 were invited to come and visit with us....

we had a hell of a good time, but it was sad to see the whiteboard that listed the numbers who had passed in the last 12 months :(

Administrator
Camping reservations made for Big Pine, June 20 to 24.
I just scoured the entire thread, and only see this one mention of using a Campground.

For the rest of you, who are going to be camping, have you decided on which Campground you want to stay at?

My daughter and I are taking our Toy Hauler so the 3 dogs can be with us.....
Trying to decide on where to park the trailer.

Administrator
Well,
that sure is awful narrow minded of them......
but, I doubt that more than 5 Goldwings have Ape hangers anyway.

Ecoregion Sky Natural environment Natural landscape Font

Administrator
Dave, Andy "Lopeha" and I went there the last trip to SD for a rally,
wonderful scenery.
I wouldn't mind going again, but no longer have the 1800, I am riding on my little 250cc scooter and it is not designed to be pushed faster than 40mph, or it will over tax the CVT system..... ( got that warning direct from the major repair center )

My daughter is coming with me this time, so I will be more concerned that she see the things that interest her the most.

Administrator
this is a map link between two campgrounds,

French Creek campground in Custer, fairly small and crowded

310 Mount Rushmore Rd, is the Hotel's address

Big Pine to the SW a bit. Much larger, spread out a bit more

144 S 4th St to 12084 Big Pine Rd

I have been trying to get my head squared around, as to the relationship of the area.
I think this tiny map area will show where most of us will be staying.

-------------------------------------

French Creek Campground
French Creek RV Park and Campground

Big Pine Campground
Big Pine Campground Map

Best Western Motel

1 - 20 of 30 Posts