Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,394 Posts
Trying to do some pre-planning and finding some odd stuff, like a motel room in Utah jumping from 70 bucks a night now, to 500 per night in June. Is there some big event happening around that time?

·
Senior Moments!
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Trying to do some pre-planning and finding some odd stuff, like a motel room in Utah jumping from 70 bucks a night now, to 500 per night in June. Is there some big event happening around that time?
I am not sure other than seasonal rates. I do know that in the process of trying to rent an event tent for NASR 14, I was told by 2 different vendors how it was a very busy time and the rental rates were very high for that time.

·
Senior Moments!
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Well, here is a little information for your viewing pleasure. This graph shows the average daily temperature in Custer, SD for June 22nd. Ya might want to bring a riding jacket.........

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
978 Posts
This time of year is probably wise to plan "Kickstands Up" for later in the morning (10ish), Some of us older coots don't do well with cold.

Of course, the temperatures listed above are "Average" figures. It could be way warmer or way colder than average on the scheduled days. We won't know for sure until maybe a week before actual event. Best to keep all options open as it's early in the season.

Reactions: Rcameron

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,863 Posts
65*F is just about the bottom end of my riding pleasure, and 85*F is where my body says I have to find an Air Conditioner....

Life isn't always fair to those of us who have managed to live "this long"

August 30th this year, our 1961 high school class had to include 5 years to get enough of us together to have a Reunion.
1959 through 1963 were invited to come and visit with us....

we had a hell of a good time, but it was sad to see the whiteboard that listed the numbers who had passed in the last 12 months :(

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Looks like Ray and wife Debra and I and wife Lety will try to attend.

We will probably get the "traveling Pete award " again for furthest traveler on bike.
Actually Ray will as he lives 2 streets south of me.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,863 Posts
Camping reservations made for Big Pine, June 20 to 24.
I just scoured the entire thread, and only see this one mention of using a Campground.

For the rest of you, who are going to be camping, have you decided on which Campground you want to stay at?

My daughter and I are taking our Toy Hauler so the 3 dogs can be with us.....
Trying to decide on where to park the trailer.

·
Just one of the guys
4,837 Posts
I just scoured the entire thread, and only see this one mention of using a Campground.

For the rest of you, who are going to be camping, have you decided on which Campground you want to stay at?

My daughter and I are taking our Toy Hauler so the 3 dogs can be with us.....
Trying to decide on where to park the trailer.

On the NAGW facebook group there is a discussion on which campground people will be staying in which is why I chose as I did..

61 - 71 of 71 Posts