Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

·
Senior Moments!
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

·
Pwhoever
3,467 Posts
So myself and the lad should be headed out next Fri and an easy 4 day journey. But that's assuming my truck gets fixed this Monday...
A check engine light showed up again last week and a preliminary diagnosis is the Cylinder 1 fuel injector is bad and needs to be replaced. Long story short, so far I'm underwhelmed with this dealer service department and it's my first time but probably last time using them. But they were the only ones close that could get me in. I'm wondering if there's a reason for that. Maybe no one else wants to use them either. Yup, thats right, I said it...

But hopefully just a small bump in the road and I will still be able to have the toyhauler hitched up Thur nite and ready for a Fri a.m. departure. We will see. There are backup plans just in case but not as relaxing or comfortable.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
We are heading out this Thursday and going 680miles to Fremont, Nebraska for the night.
We will be in Custer on Friday.
  • Gonna be a little warm getting there.

Reactions: Rcameron

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,601 Posts
So myself and the lad should be headed out next Fri and an easy 4 day journey. But that's assuming my truck gets fixed this Monday...
A check engine light showed up again last week and a preliminary diagnosis is the Cylinder 1 fuel injector is bad and needs to be replaced. Long story short, so far I'm underwhelmed with this dealer service department and it's my first time but probably last time using them. But they were the only ones close that could get me in. I'm wondering if there's a reason for that. Maybe no one else wants to use them either. Yup, thats right, I said it...

But hopefully just a small bump in the road and I will still be able to have the toyhauler hitched up Thur nite and ready for a Fri a.m. departure. We will see. There are backup plans just in case but not as relaxing or comfortable.
thought you lived in ShiKago area?
that is not a 4 day drive

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,601 Posts
our RV Fridge is giving me fits, big time!!!!!
Ordered a new A/C heating element for it, and the old one is froze in Solid with Rust.....
so far, have sprayed it with Lawson Products Rust Dissolver, brand new, unused can, spewed once, and broke, emptying itself in a horrifying mess all over the place. Everything is slick with Teflon feel, my tools, the side of the RV, the concrete, Dangerous Territory :mad:

So, decided to clean the Propane burner, no Pipe Cleaners in this town anywhere, ????????? o_O
so, bought some frilly looking things that kids play with that look like pipe cleaners, wound up 4 of them and crushed them into the burner pipe, hope they pull out the crud.

I am ready to junk that Dometic fridge and buy a 12VDC compressor fridge, EverChill, freezer will go to -10*F easily within 2 hours.
Takes the Dometic 24 hours to do that.

·
Pwhoever
3,467 Posts
thought you lived in ShiKago area?
that is not a 4 day drive
Not any more. Im now a full time Cheesehead and living large in Wis-cahn-sin. Long story but short answer is I had a life change a couple months ago. The Friday departure is so we can take a leisurely trip along backroads and arrive by early afternoon on Monday.

our RV Fridge is giving me fits, big time!!!!!
Ordered a new A/C heating element for it, and the old one is froze in Solid with Rust.....
so far, have sprayed it with Lawson Products Rust Dissolver, brand new, unused can, spewed once, and broke, emptying itself in a horrifying mess all over the place. Everything is slick with Teflon feel, my tools, the side of the RV, the concrete, Dangerous Territory :mad:

So, decided to clean the Propane burner, no Pipe Cleaners in this town anywhere, ????????? o_O
so, bought some frilly looking things that kids play with that look like pipe cleaners, wound up 4 of them and crushed them into the burner pipe, hope they pull out the crud.

I am ready to junk that Dometic fridge and buy a 12VDC compressor fridge, EverChill, freezer will go to -10*F easily within 2 hours.
Takes the Dometic 24 hours to do that.

Although I have seen some negative comments on the RV forums about the Everchill, I see way more on the Dometics. I have a 10cuft Everchill in my toyhauler and it hasn't given me any problems. Mine doesn't have the glass front doors though. The only thing I have done to it is reverse the doors because the way Forest River installed it, the doors wouldnt open up far enough to adjust the shelves. Now I can.

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
1,082 Posts
Denver is only 375 or so miles from Custer and Deb has to work Mon 20th, so we will be departing Denver Tue morning 21st, should arrive Custer that evening. Will miss Monday and Tuesday activities but should arrive in time to find y'all in the tent Tue evening. Plan to participate Weds and Thurs but will be heading home again Fri morning. Work schedules rule. No camper trailer this time, we will pack whatever we can get in the bike bags and do without whatever else that doesn't fit.

Upside of that is we should get 200+ miles to a tank of fuel instead of "maybe" 150 with the camper. Let's go Brandon!

·
Premium Member
12,944 Posts
I believe they said "Go West young man go west" . Well I am not sure about the young part ;) . We are on the road today. See all ya'll soon. I hear it will be " An Epic Adventure" I expect we will make it that and more !

·
Senior Moments!
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I believe they said "Go West young man go west" . Well I am not sure about the young part ;) . We are on the road today. See all ya'll soon. I hear it will be " An Epic Adventure" I expect we will make it that and more !
Safe travels!! See you soon...

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,868 Posts
Denver is only 375 or so miles from Custer and Deb has to work Mon 20th, so we will be departing Denver Tue morning 21st, should arrive Custer that evening. Will miss Monday and Tuesday activities but should arrive in time to find y'all in the tent Tue evening. Plan to participate Weds and Thurs but will be heading home again Fri morning. Work schedules rule. No camper trailer this time, we will pack whatever we can get in the bike bags and do without whatever else that doesn't fit.

Upside of that is we should get 200+ miles to a tank of fuel instead of "maybe" 150 with the camper. Let's go Brandon!
Maybe I'll see you on the road.
I'll be staying at the Motel 6 on Kipling exit but I'm headed up to Carhenge on the way.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
We are at the Best Western in Custer now. Anyone else here yet?
The last 2 days and 1200 miles were HOT!!!! okay in the mornings but mid and late afternoon were not good.

Reactions: Rcameron
121 - 140 of 164 Posts