Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK folkswe need to get the dates out of the way, the event will be from Tue to Thurs and will be held in either Hamburg (near Buffalo and Niagra falls) or the finger lake area. Both are lovely area. But in the Hamburg area ,we have people on the ground there and have a campsite etc located ,I will bring you all the details AFTER we get the poll done ,

You will notice I have missed out a few dates ,That is because there are things happening in both areas on these dates and we want to avoid high rates etc .. So vote NOW and I will let the poll run for 4 weeks and then post all the details on the area .. Ta ta everybody ,Ciaran

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

those of us on the west coast will wait for the results of this one to set a date for the WCWJAMR4... That way perhaps it can be done so that those interested can attend both...

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
imported post

Ok...got my vote in!! I have family in the nearby states I will probably visit after NASSIR. Will work out well for us!!

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

Both locations and all the dates are good for me. I'm going to refrain from voting because I'll be there regardless. I'll let those coming from further decide in case the three hour difference is a factor.

Lots to see and do in both areas.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Hmmm.......... The 70th Anniversary of Sturgis is Aug9th to 15th and it's roughly the halfway mark to NY. So, I voted for August 17th to 19th. Although, I see the June and July dates doing well in the poll. My secondary dates would be July 27th to 29th and maybe hit Sturgis on the way back.

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
imported post

If the often mentioned Watkins Glen area is chosen, we need to be wary of the dates in the week before the big race weekends, things will be pretty well filled up with the race teams and fans. That would make the June 29 to July 1st a busy time, The Wine festival is July 16 to 18 but I don't know how that might affect the July 13 to 15 dates, and the NASCAR races are August 5 through 8 so they should be done and gone for the Aug 10 to 12 dates. The week of July 6 to 8 will be a popular week for vacationers because of the July 4th holiday.

Typically, though this year has not been typical, the weather should be drier in August, in June it is often hard to get 3 days of nice weather in a row while the later part of July into August is normally a better chance of good weather.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,706 Posts
imported post

Our vote is in. Don't want to miss this one. East Coast trip interfered with 09 gathering.:11black:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
Both locations and all the dates are good for me. I'm going to refrain from voting because I'll be there regardless. I'll let those coming from further decide in case the three hour difference is a factor.

That's a DITTO for me. It's only a 45 minute ride for me to Hamburg and about 2 hours to Finger Lakes.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
nobbie wrote:

That's a DITTO for me. It's only a 45 minute ride for me to Hamburg and about 2 hours to Finger Lakes.

Double Ditto for me as it's only a 3.5 - 5.5 hr ride to either, with no problems of trying to schedule 'holidays'. :cooldevil:

I'll be there, again. :action:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

I'm posting this info for some of you who may which to venture north of the border either on route to or returning home from NASSIR 3

I'm sure that most of you know that Port Dover Ontario located on Lake Erie has for a number of years hosted a Friday the 13th motorcycle gathering when ever the 13th of the month falls on a Friday. http://www.pd13.com/ This event attracts thousands of motorcycles and thousands of people. Well next summer, August the 13th falls on Friday.

I've got the tee-shirt, I've got the crest, have you?????

Below is a picture from Friday July 13, 2007 Downtown Port Dover Ontario

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

What ever the date ends up to be,,,,,,,,,,,, I plan to be there,,,,,,,, as long as the boss will let me go.

Oh,,,, and for me,,,, the boss really is my boss from work:coollep:

The location is only a day ride for me also. It will be interesting to see what kind of rides ole Dusty Boots will have maped out for us:action:. And if I know him like I think I do,,,,,,,,,I'll bethe's already got ideas;).

I already know what I'm going to bring for the auction:smiler:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

I'm in for the July 13 date. Just cuz our flight benefits run out last day of July, and Cindy will be flying, because she don't do transcontinental goldwinging (unless it's a REALLY small continent!).

I'll probably get her there either way, so let the poll roll!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Upstate New York? What U people been drinking? Bring it doen a few states. My God people. WHERE/WHEN WAS THE LOCATION POLL????? f there wasn't one, it's only fair and democratic to have one. I never seen one, so I must protest this choice.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
Upstate New York? What U people been drinking? Bring it doen a few states. My God people. WHERE/WHEN WAS THE LOCATION POLL????? f there wasn't one, it's only fair and democratic to have one. I never seen one, so I must protest this choice.
Nightrider1
1st one wasn't but about a 3hr ride from you, 2nd made it a shorter travel for the ones from the NW and Wthat came our way. 3rd making it closer for the ones up north and from that side of Canada. I don't see a problem at all with the choice.

The ones coming from overseas, still don't geta good break......so if you think its to far......don't go!

It will give us a good excuse to go up and see my wife's sister that lives in New York State..

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Kyle,
I'm not pi$$ed off. Heck, Its only less than 1000 miles for me either way. I can handle this with no problem. My point is we have always decided a location, and then the date. I don't want to make anyone too afraid to speak up anyways, but I have always spoken my mind, especially if it is true. I guess that is one of my problems, but more people need to do it.
Sincerely,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

LOL. I am not pisse_ Off. Its just the way I pointed out that is the truth. Especially, New York has one of the highest crime/murder rate in the USA. I cannot even pack a watergun, LOL! I changed my vote to Aug 10th to Aug 12th. Even if its around 1000 miles, I can still make the ride. I took a 1 way 500 mile ride and back for a total of 1000 miles in 1 day to see if I could be able to make it to Nassir2, and it tore me up, but I will come hell or high water this time. I just hate to break a tradition. Wexy, Please (Natural Light) and a City Vote first next time on NASSIR 4. LOL!
Thanks,
Nightrider1

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.