Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all:waving::waving::waving:Well done to all who voted and used their intelligence on the dates . It was never going to be possible to please all the members ,but I think those dates are excellent (I had to change my vote 4 times :D)(13th to the 15th July 2010)

THE LOCATION ............ Is Hamburg ,upstate New York and D rod and Button Lady have done huge work already on the information and organising for this location ,I will be posting ALL the info here inthe morning and you can then send me a pm and I will put you on the list ,So watch out for the INFO tomorrrow morning ,, Ciaran

CLICK ON LINK .... http://nassir3.info/

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Just a quick question. Which Hamburg in NY? There is one in Green co. & one in erie co. Can you please advise
:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Just as long as there is not 2 D-Rods. I don't think I can keep up with the bad jokes. :cheeky1:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Ahhhhh, Finally, I have been hunting this for days.

I was hoping I didn't miss the announcement.

Now I can't wait to see their reaction to all the work D-Rod and Button Lady did.
I am totally Impressed.

OK, I am reserving my Room in the AM.

Thanks D-Rod and Button Lady.

Mohawk

·
Administrator
20,578 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Just as long as there is not 2 D-Rods. I don't think I can keep up with the bad jokes. :cheeky1:
Uh............. having multiple D-Rods would be like having multiple thongs. You can't use but one at a time!! :shock::D:D:D

·
Administrator
58,180 Posts
imported post

Well, I can tell you it is a foregone conclusion that Mardonna and I will both be there.

No way, I would miss a NASSIR event :action: :waving: :waving: :cooldj:

I'm already locked in at the Red Roof Inn :cooldevil:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks,

I'm getting questions about the rooms so I will try to put everything on here and maybe it will help everyone.
As far as the hotels, I honestly don't think any of them are flea bag, although I haven't seen the rooms in all of them. But I did go to each and personally talked to managers. Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn & Super 8 all have the same manager. She was very nice and informative. The guy at Comfort Inn wouldn't give group rates unless I gave him my credit card info (ain't gonna happen) and that would hold 10 and only 10 rooms. Once those 10 were gone he wouldn't give a discount on any others which was only $10 off anyway. So if anyone wants to stay there, they can use AAA and get their own discount. Red Roof Inn (you can't beat the price) seemed very nice in the lobby so I would think the rooms would also be in good shape. Most of these hotels are either right next door to each other or right down the road all within 1/4 mile of each other. Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn & Super 8 & Comfort Inn all have access to rooms through the lobby. Red Roof (2 story) & Tallyho (1 story) have doors to the rooms right off the parking lots.

The rooms are all pretty much basic - either 1 king or 2 doubles. You can splurge and get microwaves and mini fridges at some. But, it seems that not much time would be spent in the rooms as most time would be spent at the Moose Lodge visiting or out riding.

Personally, I like the layout of the Tallyho because it is a few separate buildings with parking areas in between. So if they rent the rooms with everyone together up one side and down the other the lot separating the buildings would be private for all NASSIR members.

If you have any other questions, pm me (Button Lady).

Patty (I'm using Dennis' computer at work)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I can't beleive the work D-Rod and Button Lady have already done :shock:. I mean,,,,,,, WOW!!!!!! Big WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very impressed indeed. Even info for passports. And lets not leave out the generous offer of their home shower for any campers.

Way to Go you two

:clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper:

·
Administrator
58,180 Posts
imported post

Indeed, when I saw that web page this morning, I was very impressed. And I wrote a big long PM to personally tell them so.

I'm booked into the Red Roof Inn as I needed a wheelchair accessible on the ground floor.

See ya'll at NASSIR 3 :clapper: :bowing: :clapper:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
I can't beleive the work D-Rod and Button Lady have already done :shock:. I mean,,,,,,, WOW!!!!!! Big WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very impressed indeed. Even info for passports. And lets not leave out the generous offer of their home shower for any campers.

Way to Go you two

:clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper::bowing::clapper:

Yes Sir Indeedy! :shock: Me thinks Dennis and Patty have been working on this for a while already! :cool:

L :madeyes::madeyes:KS to be off to a well organized start already. Well done you two!! :clapper::clapper:

The camping area looks to be quite secluded as well, with a thick borderof trees/woodlands surrounding the whole back/side area of the Moose Lodge 'Compound'.

I like it. :cooler:.... I wonder if WiFi is available/close by(?)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Hi Ken, Don't know about right there at the Moose but Wi-Fi is available at all of the Hotels in the list.

And most of the hotels are right down the street from the Moose.
So somebody will let you check your email at their Hotel.

I wish I had seen D-Rods post above as I would have rented a room where they liked it.
I grabbed a room at the Quality Inn as I thought there would be folks with not as much money wanting the cheaper deals.

I mentioned Nassir to the Desk Clerk but she was clueless. She asked if I had AARP or AAA and I said I had both but let them expire as I didn't use any of the services.
She still gave me a discount rate of $98.99 for a room with a view of the parking lot so I can keep an eye on the Bike.

I booked it for Monday through Thursday so I can be there early to help D-Rod and Button Lady with anything that they need.

I live so close I can also bring a car or truck if they need one.

Ohhh Before I forget, Dumb question here, But I have poked around for hours now and didn't see the answer to this one.

What does NASSIR stand for?

I got North American Steve Saunders International Ride?

But clue me in, In case I'm wrong.

See ya ALL There.

Mohawk

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Hey, I just read my confirmation Email for my Hotel room and there is no problem canceling this one if most of you people are going to the Tally-Ho Hotel Like in D-Rods Post.

I too like the idea of my Bike right outside my room.

And if a lot of you are going to be there it will be cool.

Let me know and I can switch.

C Ya

Mohawk

·
Administrator
20,578 Posts
imported post

I have made my reservations at the Tally Ho!! :cooldevil:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,706 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
I have made my reservations at the Tally Ho!! :cooldevil:
We are Looking at there also. How many nights and what dates should we book for this rally?

1 - 20 of 261 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.