Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got unpacked and had a chance to download the pics from my camera.Nine states, 2 countries, nine days on the road and just over 2000 miles! :action:

It was a terrific trip full of adventure and good times.This tripwas more special than others because I got to ride with my father and my uncle. They had said they wanted to go months ago when I told them about the rally, but then decided not to. At the last minute, I convinced them to ride with me. We had done little trips together, but nothing like this.My dad is 65 years old and has had health issues in the past. I don't know how many chances I'll get to do a trip like this with him. Both he and my uncle were worried that the distance would be too much for them, but I kept the days around 300 miles with lots of breaks.They got to experience true tour riding, heat and rain, twisties, towns, and super slab. We managed to get them across the border and back without passports!:shock: They got to meet all of you great people and become a member of the forum. They couldn't get over how friendly all of you were towards them. They are both making plans to attend NASSIR 4 in Washington State.

Steve and Dylan, always good to see y'all and I hope you have a good tour.

Kit Carson, it was a pleasure to travel with you again. Thanks for the company.

I'll ride with you anytime.

Rudy, glad you made the trip and got to travel with us. It was a real treat!

D-Rod and Button Lady, great job on the event. Everything was great.

Flyone, as always, it was an honor to spend time with my brother.

Flygirl, it was a pleasure to meet you at last. Keep your dad straight.

Beaver Bill and Bill's Girl, always great to be with y'all. Remember, no pics in Tim

Hortons!

Shooter, thanks for helping me out and for thescenic tour to Hamburg.

(Please thank your wife for the coffee and cookies for a bunch of dirty bikers!)

96Aspencade and Barb, great seeing my Canadian family again. I'll be expecting

a package!

Goldwings4ever, thanks for the tour through Canada.

Shadows4ever, thanks for all you bought at the auction and fly that flag proudly!

Johnboy, great seeing you again and thanks for bidding on everything!

WGJ46, thanks for everything and especially Canadian night. Screech is great!

Scooter7, I enjoyed our political discussions. Pack youir stuff and move South!

Madi and Miles, it was terrific meeting two North Georgia residents. That is one

great looking bike and trailer. Madi, thanks for your help with the auction.

Motorcycle Pete, it was an honor to finally shake your hand. I hate we didn't get

to spend more time together, but at least we got to meet. There is a place to

stay and a bike to ride here in SC when you get ready.

ScottinOhio, great seeing you again and meeting your wife. Thanks again for the

delivery service.

CJ and Red, it was an honor to finally meet the legends!

Ray and Tracy, good to see you again and sorry about the mishap. It was time

to upgrade to a 1500 anyway!

Bultacoslider, you're pretty cool for a Harley guy. Take care of that camera.

To everyone else, Mohawk, NSJoe, English Bob, Hawggy, AZGL1500, Dusty Boots,

DougW, FM, WDA-83wing, GSMaclean, Winger77, Qdaddy, Wakeair, etc, thanks for making my family and I feel

so welcome.

Sean

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Sean ..... great to see you again and to meet your Daddy and Uncle. I sure am glad you got to tour up here to the Northern part of Gawga with them and that you all got to experience a bit of 'life on the road'. Makes for great memories. Sounds as if y'all are hooked. ;)

Hope to see all 3 of you, out in WA. The scenery in the western part of Gawga will blow your minds. .... Trust me!! :readit:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Great seeing you again too, Dusty. Really glad you made, despite your situation. I'm hoping to make it to West Jawja next year.

I hope to tour with you someday so you can show me how it's really done!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Sean ..... after a week on the road, you'll hope the trip never ends! It's a 'great life', following the lazily curvingroad ahead,the wind, or your nose.

The only 'Secret' to it ..... just 'do it'! ;)

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
SB in SC wrote:
Sean ..... after a week on the road, you'll hope the trip never ends! It's a 'great life', following the lazily curvingroad ahead,the wind, or your nose.

The only 'Secret' to it ..... just 'do it'! ;)
Glad to hear you haven't lost your Spirit Dusty:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Glad to hear you haven't lost your Spirit Dusty:cheeky1::cheeky1:
Don't think I'll ever loose that, Bob.

Wanderlust has always had a hold of me. My parents used to call me Houdini, when I was 2 years of age, because of the way I always manged to 'vanish into thin air'. Wooden playpens, or beingtied up in a harness attached to a clothesline in a fully fenced in back yard,failed to keep me 'captive', as they'd come to check on me because I was so quiet ....... only to find me gone. Drove my mom crazy with worry!She used to tell me I'm the reason for her going grey at an early age. :baffling: :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Sean, it's really cool that you and your dad built some memories that will last through your lifetimes.

I got to take quite a few "short hop" (400 miles round trip or less) rides with my dad, but never a major one...I always wished I could have.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

That's really cool Sean...we wished we could have made it to NASSIR 3 and rode with ya'll, but alas, we were in WV.

I know the memories are great...as Snorebrother and I rode up to WV for the weekend. Snorebabe had to cage it:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Nice meeting you Sean.. Still haven't broken open my SC Porch Squeezin's.. Tasted some after the auction kind of teases like Grapa !!

The camera only suffered scratches, and a broken LCD Cover, very lucky, but it's fully functional!! Phew

really enjoyed teh whole experience, especialy all the friendly folk and getting to meet Steve and Dylan, finally !!

:dance:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:

I am delighted that you enjoyed the ride. It was a pleasure to ride with you and your Dad and Uncle also.

Those two are what life and fun is about. That is all that needs to be said.

Respectfully

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Sean, it was nice to meet the resident Redneck again. You dad and uncle are great people too. You just have to teach your uncle about Stop Signs at customs.:cheeky1: I tried some of that shine and my only comment is WOW!!!! Anita is bugging me already to get her a flag holder for her bike. That flag will be proudly displayed. Maybe we'll see you next year at #4. Here's hoping.
Any time you want to come up to Canada we have a spare room at the house.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Sean, it was nice to meet the resident Redneck again. You dad and uncle are great people too. You just have to teach your uncle about Stop Signs at customs.:cheeky1: I tried some of that shine and my only comment is WOW!!!! Anita is bugging me already to get her a flag holder for her bike. That flag will be proudly displayed. Maybe we'll see you next year at #4. Here's hoping.
That's great! I appreciate the offer.

BTW, it was my dad that blew through the stop signs!:shock: The guy asked him "Didn't you see either one of those stop signs?" to which he replied, "Obviously not.I didn't stop did I?":cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
:waving:

I am delighted that you enjoyed the ride. It was a pleasure to ride with you and your Dad and Uncle also.

Those two are what life and fun is about. That is all that needs to be said.

Respectfully

Kit
Both Daddy and Randallwere tickled to ride with you. They are envious of your "work a while, tour a while" work plan. We'll get together again in the fall for a mountain run.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
That's great! I appreciate the offer.

BTW, it was my dad that blew through the stop signs!:shock: The guy asked him "Didn't you see either one of those stop signs?" to which he replied, "Obviously not.I didn't stop did I?":cheeky1:
I guess I had them mixed up all that time. I was in the booth being cleared when your dad pulled up so I got a close hand account of the exchange. Customs had just released me so I got out of the booth ASAP. I didn't want him pissed at me.

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

SB - great job on the auction. You "persuaded" me to contribute to a great cause even more than I had intended. Glad I brought along a little extra pocket change. I haven't brought myself to try that mason jar of God-knows-what from down south yet. :)

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
I haven't brought myself to try that mason jar of God-knows-what from down south yet. :)
Watch out, that stuff is Smoooooth but has a bit of a delayed kick.:shock:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Hi Sean,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Your Dad and Uncle. I didn't know this touring was a new thing for them, They fit right in and I thought they were long timers. I could tell they were enjoying themselves too.

Have a GREAT Week and say Howdy to them from the Neighborhood Injun.

C Ya

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Was good to meet you and your family Sean.Dinner at the Outback was definitely entertaining(I'm demanding a bigger table next time).

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

fatwing chris wrote:
Was good to meet you and your family Sean.Dinner at the Outback was definitely entertaining(I'm demanding a bigger table next time).
Great to be with y'all as well Chris! And yes, we will get a bigger table next time.

BTW, being that close to us in Myrtle Beach, you should have come by to see us!

Sean

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.