Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Well shoot I was looking forward to returning some hospitality from last year.
Hope everything is ok.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
Hey, y'all. Due to a number of unforeseen DISASTERS, (no, the house didn't get burned down in the fires!), We're not going to make it to NASSIR.

I called Motel 62, and there was no record of my reservation, so that was easy.

I had a reservation, also, for Room 218 at the 1886 Crescent, for the night of the 9th. That's the most haunted room in the haunted hotel. If anyone has a pocketful of money (183.93 for the night)and is interested, call them quick and ya might get it. That number is 877 342 9766.

Of course, we were REALLY looking forward to all of it, but we just can't get it done this year. If we see our way clear, we may do an impromptu fly-in like we did in Hamburg, but it ain't looking good.

Have fun and we'll hope to see ya next year, folks!

Wilton and Cindy
Though I'd love to get that room, darn it if I have to share with ghosts I expect them to pay their fair share also so I would not pay more than $92 myself, and just how many ghosts am I sharing with? Maybe that should be more like $45 my end?
:ROFL::ROFL:

Really though sorry to hear you have to cancel out on some of the fun, hope you can make it at least part. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

I was wondering... for the morning breakfast...

Would they have Biscuits and Gravy? or is that just a further South thing?

I get it in Florida all the time and love it..Is it popular in Arkansas? or do they just eat those dam GRITS:lash:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
I was wondering... for the morning breakfast...

Would they have Biscuits and Gravy? or is that just a further South thing?

I get it in Florida all the time and love it..Is it popular in Arkansas? or do they just eat those dam GRITS:lash:
You gotta read the material provided to you my friend. I'm not even able to go to NASSIR this year and I know the answer to your question. :D Huggy probably knows too. :ROFL: You get your biscuits & gravy on Wednesday. :cheesygrin:

http://www.nassir-news.com/Meal_Page.htm

John

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Thanks John

I didn't even know that a menu was posted...LOL

I definitely need to pay a little closer attention...:badgrin:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

:cheesygrin::waving:

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
imported post

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

NO grits will be harmed at this event..........:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:

Darn!!!!!

Grits, couple pounds of shrimp and some cheddar and pepper jack cheese..........

Sure makes a mighty fine meal anytime of day!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Flyone wrote:

Darn!!!!!

Grits, couple pounds of shrimp and some cheddar and pepper jack cheese..........

Sure makes a mighty fine meal anytime of day!
You bring it and cook it, I'll eat it!
Sounds interesting, but I never tried it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I think the meals are only provided 3 days right?
So what are we going to eat the other days for those getting in early or leaving late?

I'm thinking perhaps if folks want a nice 1 1/2 -2 hr ride for a good All you Can eat Breakfast this might be a nice morning ride perhaps.

http://goo.gl/maps/ryrg

Was a great place to eat and reasonable priced, I have not been there since they re-opened after the tornado this year though.

They also have normal menu items, though I only ever eat the Buffet!
Yes, my 300 mile ride Breakfast place :ROFL:
150 each way, so you know it had to be good as often as I made the ride last year! ;)

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Chromo, FYI, your map link doesn't work in Internet Explorer but works in Google Chrome & Firefox.

John

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I guess MS broke something else again! LOL

I copied and pasted it direct from Google so don't know how to make it work with Explorer.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

I love grits with lots of butter and salt an pepper. Mom use to make a rabbit and grits type of mesh that she would fry to a golden brown an serve for breakfast. GREAT>

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

If anyone is in need, I have a room with 2 queen beds,one of which will be empty, for Sun, Mon, and Tues. nights, at the Motel 62.
Send me a pm if interested.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

It rained here and I got home from fire camp, so we are pushing toward getting into Fayetteville Wed noon, spending a few hours in Bentonville, then to NASSIR Wed evening. It will be a car trip.
We'll leave Fri morning, so it'll be a quick trip, but we're happy to be there at all. Cindy and Tyler will be with me.
See y'all there if it all works out.

·
Senior Moments!
1,513 Posts
261 - 277 of 277 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.