Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
:laughing: Chromo .... you just are not going to find a motel room at those prices in Canada!. :readit:

Heck ... just for a Primitive campsite (no hook ups/electric)in anOntario Provincial Park, you are looking at over $40/night. :whip:
Last year heading to NASSIR in our round-a-bout way we camped in Wasaga Beach on Georgian Bay for $54 and in Leamington for $52.
:shock:..............thats where the saying "Highway Robbery" came from :X:whip:

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

My reservation has been made!!!!! With my hands waving in the air! Eh?????:bow:

Can't wait!!!!!!:congrats::waving:;):thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

I should have camping info soon. Hopefully within the next week. I'm just waiting for one more piece of info from the campsite.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Maybe I can go back and forth, overnight, from Canada to USA to cut down on hotel cost. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Thats an idea... a 1-1/2 trip each way and a possible 1/2 + hour at the bridge and $5+ a gallon for gas...:applause: your thinking :)

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
OK, here's what I just ran into when trying to make reservations:

I called the motel at the number provided, I asked to speak to "Debbie" as instructed. Debbie is not available but Shannon said she could handle my reservation. As I proceeded to tell her about our group and rates here's what I got back. She didn't see our group listed, then she put me on hold for several minutes at long distance rates and came back with a "no one called us back to confirm the block of rooms so it hasn't been set up yet". Then she said she would take my reservation anyway and fix the block of rooms later. I made a reservation for 4 nights (M-T) and she quoted me a rate of $115 per night for a double queen. I told her our rate was supposed to be $109 and that I wasn't going to quibble over $6 per night (although that is a dinner at a nice place). She said no problem and then gave me a rate of $109.99. I pointed out that all of our rates we listed on our website at even dollars (no $.99) and she said OK then we go with that. I eventually got my room booked and got a confirmation number but to tell you the truth, I'm not the least bit confident we won't have issues. Plus, isn't that only about a 5.5% discount over regular rates or am I missing something?

I suggest someone call them and get it all straightened out before we go much further. (Update: Goldwings 4 ever saw this post and is on it!) :applause:

So, I guess I can say "My reservations are made, wooohooo!".

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Any info on a campground yet, Bob?
I'm still waiting for a reply to a few questions, but it will most certainly be the Norfolk Conservation Authority. We can't make reservations until next spring and that date is one thing I'm waiting for. I guess it's time to bug these folks again.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts

I called the motel at the number provided, I asked to speak to "Debbie" as instructed. Debbie is not available but Shannon said she could handle my reservation. As I proceeded to tell her about our group and rates here's what I got back. She didn't see our group listed, then she put me on hold for several minutes at long distance rates and came back with a "no one called us back to confirm the block of rooms so it hasn't been set up yet". Then she said she would take my reservation anyway and fix the block of rooms later. I made a reservation for 4 nights (M-T) and she quoted me a rate of $115 per night for a double queen. I told her our rate was supposed to be $109 and that I wasn't going to quibble over $6 per night (although that is a dinner at a nice place). She said no problem and then gave me a rate of $109.99. I pointed out that all of our rates we listed on our website at even dollars (no $.99) and she said OK then we go with that. I eventually got my room booked and got a confirmation number but to tell you the truth, I'm not the least bit confident we won't have issues. Plus, isn't that only about a 5.5% discount over regular rates or am I missing something?

I suggest someone call them and get it all straightened out before we go much further. (Update: Goldwings 4 ever saw this post and is on it!) :applause:

One of the problems with this type of event is that attendance is voluntary and that makes the numbers difficult to guarantee so I think the hotel hedges their bet compared to a corporate event where the company picks up the tab and people are ordered to attend, thus guaranteeing a full house.

Nor do we get involved by collecting deposits to ensure attendance.

Keep in mind like everything else here there is a tax of 13% on top of what you see on the price list. The exceptions are gasoline, booze at a liquor outlet (not restaurant). Those have the multitude of taxes built in so BYOB or lots of drinking money. Most groceries are tax exempt with the exception of soda beverages or any drink with sugar. Pure juices are exempt.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts

It is still better then NASSIR in Buffalo, the hotel charged $15.00 a night more then their regular rate for the gathering. Now that's service. ;);)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Our closest campground is Norfolk Conservation Authority, but we can't make reservations until spring. I'll post more info as I get it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Is it Spring yet?:praying:
Yeah - Everywhere but here.... We got a boatload of snow yesterday. Everything is covered in white crap. Normally, our campgrounds up here open up for business second to third week of May. That is when we can almost guarantee no more snow ...

Well, today is the 24th of May, and it snowed some today. So much for that almost guarantee of no more snow. It didn't stick to anything as it was mixed with rain. It is expected to drop below freezing tonite and kill all the cherry and apple blossoms. Hope we get spring by the 16th of July, this year, Hawwwwwww, hahahahaha, snork.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.