Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goldwings 4 Ever (Bob) and Shadows 4 ever (Anita) will be at the hotel starting on Sunday July 14th for anyone arriving early. We will have a marquis set up at the back of the hotel for a meeting area.

Monday afternoon - sign in and welcome for early arrivals. Get your Buttons and T-Shirts. We will be arranging a ride to Port Dover for supper

Tuesday - sign in and welcome. Get your Buttons and T-Shirts.

Wednesday - 5:30 p.m. BBQ to be followed by our annual Auction. (Don’t forget to bring your auction items) There will be a $10.00 charge for the BBQ. Auction proceeds to go to Wounded Warriors. http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/

Thursday - 7:00 p.m. BBQ. $10.00.

Organized Rides:

On Tuesday, Goldwings 4 Ever (Bob) will lead a ride to the Village of St. Jacobs. This is a quaint little village in Ahmish country where no one has heard of Wal-Mart but there is a Tim Hortons and many little tourist shops. http://www.stjacobs.com/village-of-st-jacobs

On Wednesday Tricky (Rick) will lead a ride that will end up at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum for lunch followed by a special guided tour of the museum. The museum is home to one of only two WWII Lancaster Bombers and one of three Lysander aircraft flying in the world.

Also on Wednesday, someone (probably me) will take anyone interested in a South Coast tour along Lake Erie through beautiful cottage country.

Thursday Goldwings 4 Ever (Bob) will lead a ride that will take in some of the South Coast along Lake Erie to Fort Erie and then along the Niagara Parkway to Niagara Falls.

There will also be a ride on Thursday for anyone not interested in Niagara Falls. Details are still in the works.

Websites:

Local Ride map for anyone interested in exploring Ontario’s South Coast. These maps will also be available at the sign in table.

http://www.cruisethecoast.ca/

Website for the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
(Home of the Lancaster)

http://www.warplane.com/

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you sign in we will be asking you to sign up if you are attending the BBQ and also for any organized rides. We need to know numbers for food quantities and also to pre-arrange the lunch at the Warplane Museum.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should also mention that we have rented a Marquis, some tables and chairs for those that don't have room to bring their own chairs.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Took a ride out to Dover last night - Highway 3 has some pretty serious road construction through Canfield Junction that likely will still be there for NASSIR. When I turned onto 6 South I hit a Pothole that could hide a Volkswagen. Hit it hard enough I had to check for missing body parts (mine and the bike's).

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad my rides are all heading east. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
It's no worse than most construction sites, I will take a look in a couple of days and see how they are doing.
That detour adds about 3 miles to the trip and is a much quieter ride.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Wish I could "un-see" that one!

Flyone never sings without a dance!

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drove west of Simcoe on hwy 3, there is a few miles of road construction going on.
I realize you came from a place that drives on the wrong side of the road, but west is still west, not east.:ROFL:

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
I don't know if my wife is ready for Flyone, hell I don't know if I am ready. :shock::shock::shock:

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Bob, are your rides going to have the mandatory "Smith gravel" sections? Or have you had your GPS fixed??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.