Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please remember to bring items for our annual auction. The auction will be held after our dinner on Thursday and all proceeds will go to a charity that has yet to be determined. Snorebaby, SB in SC and Flyone have volunteered to be our co-auctioneers.

Just to give a few ideas of items that have been donated in the past, we’ve had items from the area in which folks live (Master’s Golf Tournament items, Royal Canadian Mounted Beaver; other items have been Electrical Tape, gallon jar of pickles, helmets, towels, tents, seafoam, “Official Goldwing cleaning kit”: can of pledge and pkg of microfiber towels, and a dam stick) you get the idea.

So bring your items and your money and we’ll see you at the auction.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I haven't been at one of these high priced auctions in the past, is there any guess to the number of items that you are looking to sell?
No. Sorry, I wouldn't even try to guess.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Since I haven't been at one of these high priced auctions in the past, is there any guess to the number of items that you are looking to sell?
Well 2 things.

1 not everything is high priced, some good deals sometimes.

2 you never know what items, how many etc.. may be there.
Last year at ES9 I donated 24 coffee mugs, some can cozzies, bottle wraps, etc... not sure what all I did really.

Some things go higher than others. I think they were getting $18 for some of the cups with a can of PBR I added, and $20 without. Goes to show what some folks think of PBR! LOL

I may toss a couple items into the auction at NASSIR 7 also, not sure what yet, nothing that is for sale though.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Hey, as a thought.

I WILL be donating a few gift certificates for my store
http://gearedtoride.com/

SO now would be a good time to look and see what is in the store so you know what to bid on a GC!

No rush, but the more I sell now before NASSIR, the more I can donate later at NASSIR also!

What I make has a direct proportion to what I can spend.
I found that out recently when all the credit card companies started calling me suddenly! HA HA.
No not really, but I though it a good joke!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Just one of the guys
4,783 Posts

Now for the serious answer.

Everyone is asked to bring an item or two, usually something that reflects your home area. Normally items are not expensive $20 and often less for what is brought in.

It is the fun of the auction and raising a little money is what it is all about

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
The auction can be the best part of the whole event. It's when everyone is together having a blast. I've laughed so hard I thought I'd bust.
Really getting excited now :)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Just so folks know, I was not trying to push sales.
I will be donating Gift Certificates, and if folks know whats in the store they may want then they can decide how much a CG is worth to them at the auction.
IF they don't want anything, then a GC would not be worth anything to them.
So taking a look is not a bad idea, no purchase required, LOL

And yes, the Auction is a great deal of fun and not everything is expensive.

I may donate a few mystery boxes also.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who has their auction item?

I do, I have ours (Snorebaby's and mine) :)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Where we putting the money this year that we raise?
Important question, if going to a member in real need I'd do more than for some charity I already support elsewhere.

I have not seen anything about that yet, though I may have just missed it?

I plan to give a few GC's to my store and some items.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Important question, if going to a member in real need I'd do more than for some charity I already support elsewhere.

I know I have said this before and I know it a "No can Do" but I wish it could be put away in an account for the next NASSIR. It was raised by NASSIR, It should be for NASSIR. I know there are legalities to it, which is unfortunate. Perhaps it could be put away in a paypal account and when there is someone that comes up in the next year, we use some of then. Generally, the Auction raises enough to take care of a coupe people in need, if we are in the $1200 to $1600 range each. I'm sure there's legalities to that as well............. To bad the Auction isn't dome on day one, then you could use the funds during the event as cash raffles, door prizes, etc....... To many "what if's" or "If only's" I guess............

I would suggest the "IF", in the event that someone gets hurt during the event (God Forbid), that the money go to that person to help cover their expenses!!

I'm sure what ever is done with it, it was needed, it always has been!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is in the first post of this thread:
Please remember to bring items for our annual auction. The auction will be held after our dinner on Thursday and all proceeds will go to a charity that has yet to be determined.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.