Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple poll of members that are going to be camping. Are your picking a tent site ($15.00) or an electric site ($30.00)?

I reserved an tent site for right now. If most members are going electric, then I'll change my reservations.

·
Just one of the guys
4,796 Posts
We are doing full hookups but we are bringing the toy hauler behind the truck

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Just a simple poll of members that are going to be camping. Are your picking a tent site ($15.00) or an electric site ($30.00)?

I reserved an tent site for right now. If most members are going electric, then I'll change my reservations.
Not camping on this one Carl (i'm a wus). If it were me and I had a camper like yours, I'd get an electric site and have an AC stashed somewhere. Could be very warm that time of year. Just my 2 cents and you know how I worry bout ya.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not camping on this one Carl (i'm a wus). If it were me and I had a camper like yours, I'd get an electric site and have an AC stashed somewhere. Could be very warm that time of year. Just my 2 cents and you know how I worry bout ya.
Not to worry Jack, There is still time to UN-WUS yourself:ROFL:. My camper has the AC flap in it already, But the nylon sides to the tent has an R rating of roughly neg 6.5 :lash:. In time I probably will switch.

·
Just one of the guys
4,796 Posts
Not to worry Jack, There is still time to UN-WUS yourself:ROFL:. My camper has the AC flap in it already, But the nylon sides to the tent has an R rating of roughly neg 6.5 :lash:. In time I probably will switch.

We used the smallest window style AC we could find on the aspen classic and it worked very well, you are cooling and dehumidifying a small area so efficiency is not really a big problem.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
I was going to camp, but after listening to Halfling's urging I decided to go with a room... who knows, I may even like a room better than sleeping on an air matteress for a week.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Camping full hook up. Sorry, not riding the bike down. Driving the motorhome and bringing bike in trailer.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Camping full hook up. Sorry, not riding the bike down. Driving the motorhome and bringing bike in trailer.
Suggestion: . . . :3wisemonkeys:

Make 2 (right & left) life size card-board cutouts of a Hardley and attach'm to the sides of your Wing.

:thumbsup:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Suggestion: . . . :3wisemonkeys:

Make 2 (right & left) life size card-board cutouts of a Hardley and attach'm to the sides of your Wing.

:thumbsup:
I figured the Harley stickers on the trailer would look very natural.:ROFL:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Here's what my FRIENDS use!

Hope this helps...

Hey!!!!!n I invented that and use it quite frequently. Thanks for the free advertising.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Drove down to the Campground this afternoon. It's a solid 2 miles from the Fontana Lodge. The road is paved with a few potholes (easy to avoid) and it is on the banks of the river at the base of the Fontana Dam. It is very flat and grassy with some trees, fire pits and picnic tables (some covered). Looks to me like we can put a lot more than 10 tents into the spots designated for camping with no water/electric. Looks like a good spot. No shuttle though unless we provide it ourselves (which we might be able to do). I've got pictures but it will have to wait until I get home to get them off my camera (forgot my cable).

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks John for ALL work you have & will put in to make this a Great Event:claps: :bow:.
As far as the campsites go,a few places I have camped at will allow multipal tents/campers on a site as long as everybody pays. So if we overload the campground, we might all still get a spot.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Here's a few pics of the campground area at the foot of the dam alongside the river.

·
Just one of the guys
4,796 Posts
I guess we know who will be the first to know if the dam fails.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
We will be camping in the tent without elec..But how many tents are they allowing on a site ??? And :wtf: Jack ???? No camping :lash::lash::lash::lash:

·
Premium Member
335 Posts

CJ and I are bringing our tent trailer, but we're camping in the tent section. ($15.) :applause: You won't be alone!!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.