Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Not only are we camping.... we are riding in.....all the way....from Washington State! It's called "motorcycle touring" not "motorcycle trailering!"

;);););););););););););)

I'll ride until I die, or until I can't....... And when I can't, I'll be glad for all the times I did ride.....

(edit: Kinda sounded like a pompous ass, huh? Sorry....I get carried away with myself every once in awhile (once in awhile?)! And I beg your forbearance!)

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Bringing the 4 wheeler, 2 of the wheels are on the camper, I need electrical for the apnia machine.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Bringing the 4 wheeler, 2 of the wheels are on the camper, I need electrical for the apnia machine.

I just called and switched ours to an electrical site. That way if it's hot, we will have power for a fan/air conditioner, plus we can charge our computer and phone! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Not only are we camping.... we are riding in.....all the way....from Washington State! It's called "motorcycle touring" not "motorcycle trailering!"

;);););););););););););)

I'll ride until I die, or until I can't....... And when I can't, I'll be glad for all the times I did ride.....

(edit: Kinda sounded like a pompous ass, huh? Sorry....I get carried away with myself every once in awhile (once in awhile?)! And I beg your forbearance!)

Pompous ass?? No worries CJ, it's what we've come to expect from you...... :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sorry... I couldn't resist!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your Beloved Much Better Half!!!

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I just called and switched ours to an electrical site. That way if it's hot, we will have power for a fan/air conditioner, plus we can charge our computer and phone! :thumbsup:
Yup....we have an assortment of fans, good to see you guys again

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Here's a few pics of the campground area at the foot of the dam alongside the river.
HEY! I know that place... that's just there where NC Highway 28 crosses the river below the high dam.

In 2011 I damned near met my maker there when a group of Harley riders going the other way, came careening down that road from the Village onto the bridge.

A couple of them were have trouble staying in their lane and nearly clipped me. (I'm mean within inches!)

One of them (a woman) was REALLY having a hard time holding it there and actually passed me on my right...:shock:

When I got to the gas station at the turn off to the village, I had to visit the bathroom and spot clean my shorts.

True story.. don't forget fellas... this place is a mecca for weekend riders. Be alert...

http://www.culleynet.com/2011/06/21/lake-cheoah-nc/

Looking forward to being back in NC this summer!

T
T

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Well if i cut up thru the Dragon I'm only 110 miles away. But I may think about tent camping instead of the RV....

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Any one from Michigan going besides me?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I just booked an electric site for myself. She said I have camp site #01. Could share if someone would like.

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
We will be camping in the tent without elec..But how many tents are they allowing on a site ??? And :wtf: Jack ???? No camping :lash::lash::lash::lash:
I just called and found they allow two tents per site. I will be in the electric site, but it sounds like they are close to the same areas?

21 - 40 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.