Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
I just called and found they allow two tents per site. I will be in the electric site, but it sounds like they are close to the same areas?
I don't think it is a very big campground, around 20 sites if I remember. I suspect all the campers will be pretty close together. We have a full hookup site.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I believe all of the campsites at this location are now booked. There are still plenty of rooms available at the lodge and we are encouraging as many folks as possible to take a room to help support the cost of facilities. Thanks for the continued support!

John

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I can confirm that all the camp sites + 4 have been taken. I just talked to the Resort
I have been talking with my wife and we have decided we would like to come to NASSIR 7. we travel with a pet so a room is out for us. My wife has said if we can't camp around a group from the rally she doesn't want to go. SO are there any others out there going to an alternate camp site, I think Iron Horse is the closest

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I can confirm that all the camp sites + 4 have been taken. I just talked to the Resort
I have been talking with my wife and we have decided we would like to come to NASSIR 7. we travel with a pet so a room is out for us. My wife has said if we can't camp around a group from the rally she doesn't want to go. SO are there any others out there going to an alternate camp site, I think Iron Horse is the closest
Let's give the additional campsites a few more weeks. We are working on another location and we will post it here and on the information page as soon as we know for sure.

Thanks for your patience!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Excellent, Thank you for all your hard work
I'll be keeping an eye on the thread

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Excellent, Thank you for all your hard work
I'll be keeping an eye on the thread
There is a place just east of there in the National Forest called Cable Cove... I know there is camping there... can't recall if there is electricity?

Long ago, back when I used to build woodstrip canoes, we'd launch them there and paddle out to the island and camp, fish and just generally carry on... (sigh)

Good times... good times!

T

Attachments

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
Seems like we have pretty much the whole campground used up. Maybe they will just charge a fee for the rest that want to camp and let them put up their tents in a group camping type arrangement.

·
Registered
936 Posts
When I set up my campsite, they said two setups are allowed. Most places only allow two tents or a camper tent set up. I have my site shared already and maybe someone else will do the same?

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
I wouldn't mind sharing our site but there are 2 questions I don't have the answer to: Will the campground allow this and is there enough room on the site for our toy hauler and a second unit?

If someone wants to be the second unit, look into those questions and see what can be done.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
All very good questions and I will get an answer as soon as I can. Please stand by before making any other camping arrangements.

Update: OK, here's the issue. They can only allow 2 tents per site and 1 fullsize camper per electric site (I think we can get by with calling any of the mortorcycle camp trailers a tent). This is due to the water and restroom capacities which I find totally understandable. That being said, you can share a site as long as it doesn't exceed 2 tents. I know of a few sites that are already being shared but I would suggest those that haven't shared a site yet but want to should post here and work out the details. PLEASE be sure to let me know the who, what and where of the sharings so that I can keep the attendance list accurately updated.

We're still working on an alternate site for overflow and I will let you know as soon as something is decided upon.

John

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thanks for your great work and efforts into this event John! Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting several new people!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
WOW only January and no more camp sites. I hope there are more close by.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I have a non-electric site that I could share if someone needs it.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have friends that have stayed at the Iron Horse & they told me that if you are not on a Harley, your aren't really wanted there? There is another camp ground just 2 miles from Iron Horse "Kickstand Lodge" http://kickstandlodge.com/ I have stayed here many times & it is a great place to stay.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
I have friends that have stayed at the Iron Horse & they told me that if you are not on a Harley, your aren't really wanted there? There is another camp ground just 2 miles from Iron Horse "Kickstand Lodge" http://kickstandlodge.com/ I have stayed here many times & it is a great place to stay.
On "Iron Horse" defense,,, We stayed there for 3 or 4 nights in 2012, and had a "most" pleasant stay. Staff was always accommodating to make our stay enjoyable.
We had a blast with most (if not all) other campers there. We were surrounded by Harley riders, and shared stories, meals, and rides.
If I hadn't already made reservations,,, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Hi everyone, I know camping sites are real popular for the cost savings but I want to take this opportunity to make sure that everyone understands that we need to have as many people take a room as possible. Many of our "freebies", control of the pool area, and cost reductions for the Thursday night banquet are hinged on our utilizing the available rooms. Please read the letter of appeal from Bernie and I when we accepted the host responsibility last year. Ultimately it is your decision and we cannot even begin to tell you not to camp. What we can and will do is to try and convince you that for this one event of a life time that maybe getting a room where you can be close to the "action", get out of the heat and not have to worry about a late night ride back to a campsite just might be worth the extra.

Note: We are still working on an additional campground but one of our criteria's is that it be as close to the Resort as possible.

As always, THANKS for the continued support!

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
On "Iron Horse" defense,,, We stayed there for 3 or 4 nights in 2012, and had a "most" pleasant stay. Staff was always accommodating to make our stay enjoyable.
We had a blast with most (if not all) other campers there. We were surrounded by Harley riders, and shared stories, meals, and rides.
If I hadn't already made reservations,,, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Yea, but look who you had with you!

:)

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.