Here's the Kickstand Campground...

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Thanks John!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Thanks John. We'll be camping at Kickstand Lodge. Will arrive Monday. Can't wait to get there. This will be a long two-week wait. LOL. I'm ready to leave right now. James (MowerDoc) and I have been taking long ridges to toughen up those butts. See you all soon.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Ooops, I meant two month wait (do you think I'm excited). Too long to wait for sure. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
We have had to make some changes, we will be camping in the RV with the dog, we are staying at Teaberry Hill off of 128.
Peter, please tell me you didn't cancel your room reservaton yet? I will buy it from you.....
:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight but Mark (youngnbald) reports they issued him site #1.Maybe site #'s are issued only if you are reserving a site with Electric.I Do NOT know that.But i HAVE experienced this before.I would call. This following post was found in the 'Attendence thread'.Post #118 .....

QUOTE;
youngnbald

Screw it. I am in. Just set up an electric campsite for July 7th to the 11th. May come down that way sooner, but not sure yet. If I ride 10 hours on the 7th, I should be there by 6 or earlier. Thanks John and everyone for getting this set up!

Was told my camp site is #01. I can share if we need too. She said I got the last one????

Hey Buck, I hope they have us all covered. I am told I am electric site #01. I will be coming down on July 6-11. 45/70 Fan and I will be splitting the site. I will be leaving Sunday morning and setting up camp that evening. Starting to layout my game plans for Wingding, sleep and travels to Fontana Dam. Getting close now!

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Hey Buck, I hope they have us all covered. I am told I am electric site #01. I will be coming down on July 6-11. 45/70 Fan and I will be splitting the site. I will be leaving Sunday morning and setting up camp that evening. Starting to layout my game plans for Wingding, sleep and travels to Fontana Dam. Getting close now!

Wife and i are leaving 6am the 5th.We are gonna take back roads,stop get a room where ever we land,Then Sunday night got a room booked in Robbinsville so we will be close to ride-in monday mid afternoon.

Y'all stay safe out there.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Buck, I Heartily recommend the Microtel there in Robbinsville as I stayed there about 3 years ago! The price was right, they cater to motorcyclist's, and even have a rack of towels in the lobby to wipe yer bike down with!!

http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/north-carolina/robbinsville/microtel-inn-and-suites-robbinsville/hotel-overview

Ride Safe!!
Thank ya buddy that's good to know.What searching i had done,the replies were to a T as what you posted.Luckily 3 or 4 weeks ago, the Microtel IS where i booked our room,so that is great.

Thanks again,Can't wait to meet up with y'all.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Carolina Kitchen just up the street from there is not a bad place to eat either! Been there several times.

Also, there are two primary routes you can take to get over to Fontana, hwy 143 to 28 is the shorter route and not bad scenically either. I personally like the hwy 129 route to 28. They come together right at the starting point of the tail of the dragon and you can get to Fontana without actually riding the dragon.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Been on 28.That's what we'll do though,129/28.And that is perfect for a Sunday evening dinner spot,IF it is still open.Seen their Facebook page closed permanently. If true,too bad another family owned business goes down.That's all we stop at 99% of the time.

Thanks Halfling got it marked.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Well gosh golly gee whiz, that's a bummer!!! :sadguy:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.