Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week will bring us within three months of NASSIR 7 and the Beautiful Fontana area awaits in its mountain splendor. I will start visiting the area again to plan some rides that I hope will please riders from the sedate to the more spirited riders. I have one already picked out that I feel everyone will enjoy but I am looking for volunteers to be Ride Captains for the different rides we will schedule. At first I thought about asking local riders to lead the rides so that our forum members could better enjoy their ride and vacation. But I know some of you know the roads and would make better choices for our group. Jobe05 is an excellent rider with excellent knowledge of the area. If you could, I know I speak for the group to ask your help with the rides. I would also like to invite others to volunteer to plan and Captain a ride.
I have ridden all winter, although not as often as I would have liked. In a few weeks the mountains will become vibrant with color and cool wind to enjoy.
July will be upon us before we realize it and we will be renewing friendships while we enjoy all that Fontana has to offer.
Call me on cell phone # 865-230-2364 or email me at [email protected] at home.
I am so looking forward to seeing each and everyone that can attend! The Fontana area is beautiful, the food good, but seeing everyone will be the best part of this special occasion!
Dubs (Bernie)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I don't mind riding "sweeper" (last) on a few ride... I carry a pretty comprehensive tool kit, tire repair stuff and a spare alternator most of the time.

T

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
us385south,
Thanks! We can use you for sure!
This is going to be a lot of fun riding some fantastic roads! I'm looking forward to it more as the time draws nearer!
Dubs

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
But I know some of you know the roads and would make better choices for our group. Jobe05 is an excellent rider with excellent knowledge of the area. If you could, I know I speak for the group to ask your help with the rides.
Thanks for the feign words, however I wish to remain a guest to this event.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bernie, are you familiar with BigDan over at Country Road Group Riders? There are several wings in his group of folks, and even though he rides a HD I am certain he would jump at a chance to lead some rides. I'm willing to bet not even Yellow Wolf knows the roads any better than he.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
I just enjoy meeting new friends. Putting a face with a name is great. We always ride alone, because my wife and I enjoy each others company, and we like going on adventures by ourselves. Hope to meet a lot of new friends on this trip. We also have to take care of our puppy, and do not want to interfere with others fun.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
A group of us are planning on going to the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, NC on Thursday.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
A group of us are planning on going to the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, NC on Thursday.
Count Red and me in on that one, please!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
I just enjoy meeting new friends. Putting a face with a name is great. We always ride alone, because my wife and I enjoy each others company, and we like going on adventures by ourselves. Hope to meet a lot of new friends on this trip. We also have to take care of our puppy, and do not want to interfere with others fun.
I think we should continue the practice of wearing buttons with both our real and our forum names!

Hopefully, the organizers will provide them!

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
we had planned on hittng the Wheels thru time as well, if you don't mind we might like to tag along as well

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Wheels of time is on our list as well. And I've never been one to ride in large groups. But I might make an exception :)

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Next week will bring us within three months of NASSIR 7 and the Beautiful Fontana area awaits in its mountain splendor. I will start visiting the area again to plan some rides that I hope will please riders from the sedate to the more spirited riders. I have one already picked out that I feel everyone will enjoy but I am looking for volunteers to be Ride Captains for the different rides we will schedule. At first I thought about asking local riders to lead the rides so that our forum members could better enjoy their ride and vacation. But I know some of you know the roads and would make better choices for our group. Jobe05 is an excellent rider with excellent knowledge of the area. If you could, I know I speak for the group to ask your help with the rides. I would also like to invite others to volunteer to plan and Captain a ride.
I have ridden all winter, although not as often as I would have liked. In a few weeks the mountains will become vibrant with color and cool wind to enjoy.
July will be upon us before we realize it and we will be renewing friendships while we enjoy all that Fontana has to offer.
Call me on cell phone # 865-230-2364 or email me at [email protected] at home.
I am so looking forward to seeing each and everyone that can attend! The Fontana area is beautiful, the food good, but seeing everyone will be the best part of this special occasion!
Dubs (Bernie)
Hey Dubs,
We haven't met yet even though John (Halfling) and I have. Looking forward to meeting up with you and several others I haven't met yet too.

lopeha, The Wheels Through Time is a place not to be missed for sure. If it's OK, I'd like to join the group that day also. Maybe Dale will give us a 'group rate'. For those who haven't been... http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/
thecruiser

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate everyone's posts! Wheels of Time is a must see for sure! I will check with those who may want to help with the rides. As others have said, meeting people from the forum will be the highlight of the rally.
Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
We are looking forward to our first NASSIR rally and even more to meeting new people. This way putting a name to a face will be nice. We think it would be nice to tour the Wheels Through Time museum.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
We are looking forward to our first NASSIR rally and even more to meeting new people. This way putting a name to a face will be nice. We think it would be nice to tour the Wheels Through Time museum.
My first one also, Tom. Look forward to meeting you and Lynne there. BTW, my wife's name is June.
Will Lynne be Riding with you every day? My wife doesn't Ride anymore so will be looking for other ladies that won't be Riding also.
Larry (aka: thecruiser)

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Hi Larry, we will most likely be ridding together for the most part. This will be our fist time out on the Wing. There might be a little down time for Lynne. Take each day as it comes. Tell June we said hello.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Has anyone considered that InZane, the national Valkyrie gathering of the VRCC is happening that same week in Asheville? Just saying there is a good deal of cross pollination in these groups.

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/InZane/

T

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.