Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 577 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Looking forward to the event. Hopefully we will have good riding weather. Hope you are doing well for the rest of the winter. We are getting another snow as I type. Florida was great! Home too soon.
Jeffrey

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Look'in good - updated list shows 74 people and 41 bikes and still growing... Gonna be a great rally!!!

Les

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Unfortunately, Ronnie and myself have to bow out for NASSIR-8. She will be going for Rotator Cuff Surgery next Friday (3-20-15) and the long term rehabilitation will most likely surpass NASSIR. So no big trips for us this year :sadguy:.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Unfortunately, Ronnie and myself have to bow out for NASSIR-8. She will be going for Rotator Cuff Surgery next Friday (3-20-15) and the long term rehabilitation will most likely surpass NASSIR. So no big trips for us this year :sadguy:.
So..........How does Ronnie's surgery affect your ability to ride alone? :? Can't commit yet but if I do go, Niki isn't able to make it either. I'm now on a fixed income so Nik needs to be workin.:needahug:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
So..........How does Ronnie's surgery affect your ability to ride alone? :? Can't commit yet but if I do go, Niki isn't able to make it either. I'm now on a fixed income so Nik needs to be workin.:needahug:
You make a good point. It just wouldn't feel right to leave her behind, even though she already said it shouldn't stop me. I might be speaking too soon, and if something should change,,, I'm sure there is going to be plenty of room at the soccer field ;)

·
Just one of the guys
4,783 Posts

Good luck to her on the surgery. We will have her in our thoughts.

I would hope that in six months she will be able to ride. A guy I work with had that surgery and was back climbing poles and using ladders in less than 4 months.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
You make a good point. It just wouldn't feel right to leave her behind, even though she already said it shouldn't stop me. I might be speaking too soon, and if something should change,,, I'm sure there is going to be plenty of room at the soccer field ;)
Ronnie knows I'd take good care of you and see you don't get into trouble;)

Depending on what type of shoulder surgery she's getting (open or arthroscopic), she should be up for it by September. My shoulder used to pop out just by sneezing, and I was back playing hockey in less than a year after surgery. I was into rehab within 4 weeks, so important to get back your range of motion. The surgeon said he usually gets patients started within a week but with the amount of work he had done on me, he wanted me to hold back a bit. Doc gave me back my life again.:bow:

·
Premium Member
12,706 Posts
I am not Dr . But I did have rotator rebuild on my right shoulder . It was a work related accident . I was out of work 6 months . It took most of that time doing the rehab . Each operation is different so you cant just say with certanty Ronnie will be healed but if the rehab goes well there is a good possibility. Dont rush the healing but one rehab starts stay with it . I went 3 times a week and did the exercises at home the other days .
Prayers for a good outcome and short recovery.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes. Seems that most stories I hear/read about the same procedure, have all been good results, and that makes it more comforting with a positive outlook.
I know she will do all that needs to be done,, just so she can get back in the saddle with me again.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Ya gotta be there Slim!!!!

By September, Ronnie's Shoulder will be well enough for travel.........

If not, tell her to use the other arm to slap you on the ass on your way out the door as your heading to Edgefield!!!!

Although it won't be the same without smiley there either......

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
Can't make it???

What?! No Winger77? No Ronnie? No What's-Her-Name and maybe no Kyle? Gadzooks! What's the world coming to? I'll be praying for all of you.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
What?! No Winger77? No Ronnie? No What's-Her-Name and maybe no Kyle? Gadzooks! What's the world coming to? I'll be praying for all of you.

I'm gonna do my best just September is a little sketchy weather wise up here.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Like I said ,,,,,, there should be lots of room left at the soccer field if we have "a last minute thought" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
You ridin or trailorin Hawggy?
We ride to all the Events, even rode out to Port Orchard Washington. The trailer is only used to take the Bike to Florida in December.:raspberry: We have 2 events this year..NASSIR in Sept. and the other new Forum we are on in May at West Virginia on the Blue Ridge parkway. Plus all the other side trips we take.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Yup..I was contemplating West Virginia too. Then I've got a 10 day ride to parts unknown with my group of 10 in June (possible Great Lakes tour), Somewhere with What's Her Name in July (Think we're leaning towards the West Coast), Sturgis in August for a week, and contemplating South Carolina in September.

So it looks like no hockey, ball, or golf leagues for me this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
We ride to all the Events, even rode out to Port Orchard Washington. The trailer is only used to take the Bike to Florida in December.:raspberry: We have 2 events this year..NASSIR in Sept. and the other new Forum we are on in May at West Virginia on the Blue Ridge parkway. Plus all the other side trips we take.
Hey Bob, I hope you folks are going to be around in June. It looks like my annual pigrimage to your area for work is June 9,10,11 and we're in Kinkardine at the Best Western Governors Inn this year. I should be able to spit into your back yard from my room.:waving:

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Hey Bob, I hope you folks are going to be around in June. It looks like my annual pigrimage to your area for work is June 9,10,11 and we're in Kinkardine at the Best Western Governors Inn this year. I should be able to spit into your back yard from my room.:waving:
Well there goes your property values Bob with all that spit, sell now before June. :readit:

221 - 240 of 577 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.