·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Shirts and meal ordered. Hey Sean, you folks got any pie down there ??? :ROFL:
And I don't mean "Pecan"...

·
Administrator
57,469 Posts
I am going to be camping... I was wondering if they have WIFI available at that field??

I really doubt it...
when this first got kicked off, the only WiFi was in the Lobby of the hotel.

then later, they extended it to all of the rooms.

I doubt it will be Wideband, but usable for the most part.

No cable service out there.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Shirts and meal ordered. Hey Sean, you folks got any pie down there ??? :ROFL:
And I don't mean "Pecan"...

Yes, actually got our own local distillery on the square.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
I am going to be camping... I was wondering if they have WIFI available at that field??

No, but cell service is good. Even 4G LTE, at least with Verizon. Not sure about other carriers.

·
Administrator
57,469 Posts
It is unlimited...
Not many of those Verizon Grandfathered plans still around.

I had one, but was not using enough data to warrant the expense, so traded it for the Family Share Plan... my daughter and I don't use more than about 1 gB/month total.... in normal use... so didn't make any sense to keep it for the random trip I might use that much.

Just took a look at this month's usage... 0.126 gB at day 15 of the cycle.
we use WiFi most of the time.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
Due to my work situation and the need to be at home each night, (My dog's diabetic and needs a shot twice a day), I'm gonna have to cancel my reservations for this years meet. My reservation was for the 13th thru the 17th, Room 110 so that's open if anyone needs a room for those days!

May end up joining you on this one Don. I am having second thoughts about coming also. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Well, I do hope you and Huggy can make it as I think this is a meet ya don't wanna miss!! I'm still kinda upset I can't make it but, maybe a day trip??!!!

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
sometimes you can deal with 5 or up to 10 cents exchange on the Canadian dollar...Upwards of 40 cents difference now... That hurts.

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
So yea that can almost double the cost . Hmm well If only Huggy comes down then the cost are cut in half right ? ;) We understand . Hopefully the exchange can get a little closer as Sept comes around.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
sometimes you can deal with 5 or up to 10 cents exchange on the Canadian dollar...Upwards of 40 cents difference now... That hurts.
I should come back up and see you guys then. Using my credit card, food and even Gas wasn't that bad with the exchange rate!

I have an issue toward the end of the week. MY wife has a vacation planned in Florida, with other family flying in and meeting us on the 19th, so I will more than likely be leaving on the 17th, unless I can find a place to store my wing(s) for a week or so, then I could stay till Friday, and have my wife pick me and possibly my son if he comes with me, up and we can drive to Florida from there, pick the Wing(s) up on the way home......

·
Administrator
57,469 Posts
I should come back up and see you guys then. Using my credit card, food and even Gas wasn't that bad with the exchange rate!

I have an issue toward the end of the week. MY wife has a vacation planned in Florida, with other family flying in and meeting us on the 19th, so I will more than likely be leaving on the 17th, unless I can find a place to store my wing(s) for a week or so, then I could stay till Friday, and have my wife pick me and possibly my son if he comes with me, up and we can drive to Florida from there, pick the Wing(s) up on the way home......
If a local doesn't help you, I am willing to bet the hotel would help you out.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
If a local doesn't help you, I am willing to bet the hotel would help you out.
I don't think I would want it out in the open in a strange place for a week and half.....

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Too many people saying they may drop out!!!! :frown2:

381 - 400 of 577 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.