Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 577 Posts

·
Administrator
20,573 Posts
It's going to be a great event! I'm looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Ravenel is 3 hours from Edgefield so it makes it impossible to do for us. No biggie, we'll be at the M&G in May in Virginia. Just have never been able to do a Nassir because of work schedules. Maybe some day.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Pat: If there is anyway possible to take a couple of days off at the end of the week to make it, I assure you, that you won't be disappointed that you took the time off. Nassir events are so much more than weekend M&G's, event though they are fun, Nassir events are full blown well planned events that keep you hopping with friends the whole time your there....... With it being held later this year, that leaves a lot of extra time for planning.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Well I am afraid to have to tell all those going to Edgefield that we......

WILL BE THERE!!!!!! :banana::action::jumper::boo::july4thflag::3sum:

Just booked flights today, so barring anything going seriously wrong, you will have to put up with this Brit and his new bride Helen. ( yes, we are finally getting married in May. :kissing:)

So, see y'all in September. :waving::waving:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Glad to hear your going to make it Pete!!! And glad to hear about you and Helen, She's a great gale! See you both in September!

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,706 Posts
Seeing as we just bought a 2007 1800 with 34,000 KM ( 20,000 Mi ) on it. Maybe with all the expert help that will be there we could have a " show how it is done " and we could do my air filter. I watched the video on how to do it and I am petrified at the thought. I can supply the new air filter...LOL

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Seeing as we just bought a 2007 1800 with 34,000 KM ( 20,000 Mi ) on it. Maybe with all the expert help that will be there we could have a " show how it is done " and we could do my air filter. I watched the video on how to do it and I am petrified at the thought. I can supply the new air filter...LOL
No need to rush to change that filter Bob, I bet you will find it is as clean as a whistle when you do change it.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Don't be scared Bob, it's really not that bad. First time (and only time) I did mine it took about 45 minutes from start to finish and I had to cut all the wire add ons that the PO added and solder in disconnects.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Don't be scared Bob, it's really not that bad. First time (and only time) I did mine it took about 45 minutes from start to finish and I had to cut all the wire add ons that the PO added and solder in disconnects.
It sounds to me like you are the man for the "How To" tuition that Bob has requested at Nassir 8. :claps::claps:;):bow:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Deb and I plan to attednd.. we will be camping on the Soccer field

According to Google earth the soccer field is directly west of Slade Lake, with the parking entrance at Gary St and Main St.
The Edgefield Inn is south of town on Main St (#25) at Bauskett St.

John for the spread sheet:

JGL351,
Jim and Debra,
married,
party of 2,
1 bike,
camping on the soccerfield.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
No need to rush to change that filter Bob, I bet you will find it is as clean as a whistle when you do change it.
Oh, I don't know... sounds like a good place for the mice to set up housekeeping. :shock:

Ya Bob, better let John show ya how it's done. :claps: That way he can fish out those screws that drop down into the abyss. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #173

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Very nice! Looks like the Brits will be well represented in Edgefield!
There are a third lot now booked to come over, Dale and his wife, although I am not sure they are members on this site here. :)

·
Pwhoever
3,084 Posts
So Don (Parman) stepped up and said I will be sharing a room with him. But there may be a change of plans. My wife is now expressing an interest in attending. She absolutely will not camp... So, if she does decide for sure that she will come, I may need to come up with an alternate for lodging. Is there any kind of waiting list for rooms or can I be the first to call dibs if a room becomes available? If I can get this done than she will have no choice but to come. But I still will have to make it right with Don and not leave him hanging. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Awesome....I'm bringing my new air filter then too Hawgy

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
So Don (Parman) stepped up and said I will be sharing a room with him. But there may be a change of plans. My wife is now expressing an interest in attending. She absolutely will not camp... So, if she does decide for sure that she will come, I may need to come up with an alternate for lodging. Is there any kind of waiting list for rooms or can I be the first to call dibs if a room becomes available? If I can get this done than she will have no choice but to come. But I still will have to make it right with Don and not leave him hanging. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
I think Sean was suggesting there are other hotel options nearby if needs be?

161 - 180 of 577 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.