Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NASSIR 8, Edgefield, SC Sept 15-17, 2015

80K views 576 replies 74 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok folks, here is a little preliminary info about NASSIR 8.

http://www.exploreedgefield.com/place/edgefield-inn

Edgefield Inn

702 Augusta Rd,
Edgefield, SC 29824

(803) 637-2001

I spoke to the manager last night with the dates, we have a rate of $60/night. Mention "Edgefield Goldwing Rally" for the dates and rates. It is a small hotel, 46 rooms, of which she will give us 40 of, so book early if possible. There are other hotels about 15 minutes away, so don't panic if it fills up. Do not try to book online, call them at (803)637-2001

The town is very excited about this rally. The mayor is giving us the town's soccer field for free camping. There are electrical and water hook ups available here, as well as a permanent concession building with bathrooms and a covered picnic area. I will have to work on shower facilities between now and then, but shouldn't be a big deal.

The mayor has also offered to shutdown town square for us to have a block party one night (most likely, Wednesday night). There are two restaurants on the square that have great food and both serve beer. I know both owners and will ask them to stay open late for us. Maybe even a live band, we'll have to see.

My company, the NWTF, has a large covered pavilion for us to use Thursday night for the dinner and auction. Full kitchen and built in sound system. Perfect for our needs.

There are good riding roads nearby. A large lake 30 mins away, for those wanting a little more of a ride, we are 2 1/2 hrs+ from the SC/GA beaches or the mountains, both very nice rides.

I will make more details available as I can.

Sean

See less See more
#131 ·
There are scads of hotels in nearby Augusta so that one in Edgefield filling won't be a huge inconvenience. And if you really want in there, wait until the gathering gets close. There is always someone who has to back out at the last minute.

#133 ·
Depending on leave, I maybe cancelling. Have untill a week out to cancel. Hoping I can still get leave.

#132 ·
Rudy is right. Tons of hotels within 15-20 mins. I am also working on other alternatives, such as houses to stay at, campers to borrow, and yes, the whole of the Burch empire will be opened to accommodate as many as possible.

#134 ·
We still have every intention of being there for this one, just need to sell everything we own, but otherwise, count us in!! Flights are the big deal and at the moment they are still somewhat expensive.
Was hoping Flyone might just come across the Big Pond and collect all us Brits and maybe some of the Irish members too!! ;)

#135 ·
Trying to get a group together to see who wants to ride down there this coming weekend! Suppose to be in the low 70's and nice and clear (so they say right now).

Who wants to get together for the weekend (25th & 26Th)?

#136 ·
I'll be in town this weekend, if anyone decides to come. I'm working at the store on Saturday from 10-3. Weather should be perfect.

Sean

#139 ·
This is looking to be one great ride for Ole QDaddy. The Hag is planning a back-to-back, two week, two separate cruises, cruise ship (probably on Carnival) vacation with her fav cruisin' buddy. Who ain't me! Cuz I don't like being held captive on a boat for a week. Anyway - if all goes well she will land somewhere in Fl a few days before N8. I will putz down from MI and pick her up. Then we head up the coast(sorta) to SC and N8. Love it!

#142 ·
Peace, quiet and Honda.
How appropriate is this quote?? They go hand in hand don't they??

:claps: :claps::claps::readit: :ssshh:

#146 ·
If What's Her Name and I go, Do I have to cook breakfast again? Appears the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer has booked a room for this event.

I'm a bit nervous about riding back into Canada in the middle of September. Anybody have a Weather Crystal Ball, or a transporter with a stable flux capacitor?
:snowman::snowman::snowman:

#147 ·
Short answer - HELL YES!!!! I only got a room so in the event it rains, you won't get wet while flipping cakes!!!

I hope you do make it, I owe whats her name a bottle of Carolan's! We're going to start the day off right!!

#149 ·
After all these years, it sure would be awesome to see you and Helen:needahug:

Nik (What's Her Name) and I will be doing a summer trip as usual, which will probably euchre her for a fall trip to SC due to lack of vacation time. I will have to decide if I'll go on my own and as to whether or not to take the bike.:?

#150 ·
I can finally say that I am going to be joining the group for this gathering. Last year was an interesting one for me so I wasn't able to make a lot of events. I have already worked out my vacation time for next year and was able to get most of Sep off. I saw an earlier post by kamikaze84 that the hotel is all booked for now. Because of that, I will have to plan on camping at the soccer field. I will be solo and plan on showing up Mon and leaving on Fri. I am really looking forward to this one.

#151 ·
Pwhoever we will ride down together so you won't be solo. ;)
I have a room reserved already so we will see how it all works out. I'm sure there will be some cancelations over the course of the year leading up to the event.

#154 ·
Pwhoever we will ride down together so you won't be solo. ;)
I have a room reserved already so we will see how it all works out. I'm sure there will be some cancelations over the course of the year leading up to the event.
Does this mean Jack gets the Tub again............ :ROFL::ROFL:

#152 ·
If it works as planned. Stop by and get me. I also have a room

#159 ·
They were moved to being mid week when people voiced their disappointment that they were held at the weekend, because they needed traveling time and by holding them mid week it meant that they had the weekend at either end, so only 5 working days in one week were needed off work.
It is always going to be a case of can't please all the people all of the time.

The dates set for the actual Meet & Greet may be midweek, but a good few attendees will be able to spend more time together If they can arrive earlier and or leave later.

#160 ·
Glad to see folks still excited about this event, even with it being 9 months away. Everything still going to plan and hopefully more to report after first of the year.

Rebel Girl, Ravenel not so far away from Edgefield and I'll even have a route for folks to head down towards Charleston, so it may be possible to meet some of the folks down your way or maybe ride up after work to rally, stay the night, and ride back home early. Wouldn't miss much work at all!

#161 ·
It's going to be a great event! I'm looking forward to it!

#162 ·
Ravenel is 3 hours from Edgefield so it makes it impossible to do for us. No biggie, we'll be at the M&G in May in Virginia. Just have never been able to do a Nassir because of work schedules. Maybe some day.

#163 ·
Pat: If there is anyway possible to take a couple of days off at the end of the week to make it, I assure you, that you won't be disappointed that you took the time off. Nassir events are so much more than weekend M&G's, event though they are fun, Nassir events are full blown well planned events that keep you hopping with friends the whole time your there....... With it being held later this year, that leaves a lot of extra time for planning.

#164 ·
Well I am afraid to have to tell all those going to Edgefield that we......

WILL BE THERE!!!!!! :banana::action::jumper::boo::july4thflag::3sum:

Just booked flights today, so barring anything going seriously wrong, you will have to put up with this Brit and his new bride Helen. ( yes, we are finally getting married in May. :kissing:)

So, see y'all in September. :waving::waving:

#165 ·
Glad to hear your going to make it Pete!!! And glad to hear about you and Helen, She's a great gale! See you both in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.