Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NASSIR 8, Edgefield, SC Sept 15-17, 2015

80K views 576 replies 74 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok folks, here is a little preliminary info about NASSIR 8.

http://www.exploreedgefield.com/place/edgefield-inn

Edgefield Inn

702 Augusta Rd,
Edgefield, SC 29824

(803) 637-2001

I spoke to the manager last night with the dates, we have a rate of $60/night. Mention "Edgefield Goldwing Rally" for the dates and rates. It is a small hotel, 46 rooms, of which she will give us 40 of, so book early if possible. There are other hotels about 15 minutes away, so don't panic if it fills up. Do not try to book online, call them at (803)637-2001

The town is very excited about this rally. The mayor is giving us the town's soccer field for free camping. There are electrical and water hook ups available here, as well as a permanent concession building with bathrooms and a covered picnic area. I will have to work on shower facilities between now and then, but shouldn't be a big deal.

The mayor has also offered to shutdown town square for us to have a block party one night (most likely, Wednesday night). There are two restaurants on the square that have great food and both serve beer. I know both owners and will ask them to stay open late for us. Maybe even a live band, we'll have to see.

My company, the NWTF, has a large covered pavilion for us to use Thursday night for the dinner and auction. Full kitchen and built in sound system. Perfect for our needs.

There are good riding roads nearby. A large lake 30 mins away, for those wanting a little more of a ride, we are 2 1/2 hrs+ from the SC/GA beaches or the mountains, both very nice rides.

I will make more details available as I can.

Sean

See less See more
#3 ·
A few pics, the hotel and the soccer field.
There are several power spots and a few water spigots around field. The town maintenance manager had several big cords made that stretch to center of field with 4 connections each, originally for vendors at festivals, but will work fine for campers. We'll run water hoses as needed. Concession building has men's and women's bathrooms, 2 stalls each, I think. As stated before, no showers, but I will have something in place. We'll also have use of building with fridge and kitchen and covered area with picnic tables.

Attachments

#4 ·
Cool Shoes, Bubba!
This should be something. And I won't have to worry about my car burning up getting there.
I'll bring one of my 10x10 portable awnings like I had at 5. We could always side that in and make a shower area if we needed to. I also have a 10x14 never used tent we could use for whatever if needed. It could be like a MASH unit!

#56 ·
I thought that this would be my last year(Nassir 7)going coast to coast, but if Rudy is going to bring that portable awning, I think I'm going to try one more time. By the way, didn't make this year's event, but plan on going east in Augl

#5 ·
Reservations Made!!!!!

The young lady that I talked to just had a meeting with her manager about our group, SBinSC is correct when he says they are excited about this, you could hear it in her voice and they could not be more accommodating........

By the way, I got the whole week, from Monday the 14th through the 18th, leaving Saturday morning..... $309 and that includes continental breakfast!

#15 ·
While yer here you and Helen might have to come over to my house here in Marion to spend a night or 2, do some riding and have some fried catfish and BBQ!!!!

Along with egg's, grits and country ham for breakfast of course!!!! :cool: :grin: :grin:

Edit: This is an Official Invitation!!!!

#7 ·
My reservations are made....the BOSS said to call and I figured that if I wanted to live I better call..:ROFL:

We will be getting there on the 13th and leaving on the 18th. The fun fact for us is that the week before is our 25th anniversary..

Sean if you need me to I will put the room number that the gentleman gave me.

#8 ·
Just made my reservation - Sep 14-17. CY'All there!

#283 ·
Just called and spoke to a very nice gal who called me "Darling" :x

Moved my sign in date up a notch to Sunday the 13th.... as Andy and I will already have been up north in the Washington DC area and needing a place to put our heads on Sunday night :rofl:

going to be a grand time visiting with all our friends from around the globe.

#10 ·
Just made our reservations - I thought I would be the first, but I was the 5th - WOW!!! How about that!!! Lynne and I will be in room 213... This is gonna be one great rally - ya just can't beat small town hospitality and Edgefield sounds awesome!!! :cheesygrin:

I LOVE small towns - Hey - I LIVE in one!!! ;)

We'll be coming in on Monday again and staying thru Friday morning when we leave for home - - - - can't wait for this one!!! :cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

Les (and Lynne)

#11 ·
My reservations are made! Monday through Thursday departing on Friday.

John, the reservation guy told me I was #9 today!

Get your reservations in!

#16 ·
It's great to see everyone getting excited about this already. I've already texted the mayor about the dates and we have a meeting next week. Thanks for all the offers of help, I'm sure I'll need it!
Sean

#19 ·
Room number?

The young lady at the reservation desk told me we are # 7 but I did not get a room number. Guess I need to check on that. We will be there Sunday night thru Thursday night. Looking forward to a great time and again meeting and seeing a wonderful group of people.
We have ridden very little in South Carolina, so that will be a treat for us.:)
GreenDragon, AKA: Jeffrey J. Eller
PS: Just spoke to April at the hotel and she told us we are in room 210, on the back side facing a large field, not the parking lot! Whoo Hoo!

#20 ·
Hey Jeffery,
We'll be 'neighbors' as we'll be in Rm #208. :waving:
Spoke with "John" at the motel. He 'promised me' a refer and M/W in the room by next year!
John said he's 68 and a Harley Rider. Hoped that was OK. I told him "we allow Harley Riders,... but make them Ride in the rear". :raspberry:

I'm excited already. June is looking forward to it too.
thecruiser

#22 ·
Yep, when I talked to John he said he was a Harley Rider... I told him: "I don't care what you ride as long as you ride" !! He and I are the same age...

Les

#21 · (Edited)
Trying to reach the reservation desk, you guys are tie-ing up the lines...:claps::claps::claps:

Just spoke with April, I do have a place to stay for the 15-16-17th. Confirmation but not room number, See you in Sept. Can I still bring my NASSIR 1 shirt ???

#23 ·
Reservations made for Sept 14-17, 2015. Room 118. Very friendly people. They are excited for us to be there. Good job SB. :waving::waving:

#24 ·
Will have to see what uncle sugar allows me to take for leave, may have to be the guy camping out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#26 ·
Question how far away is the soccer field from the hotel and town square ??????

#27 ·
soccer field is very close to the town square and Edgefield Inn is about 1-1/2 miles? from the soccer field. Soccer field is on north side just north of the town square and the Inn is on the southeast side. That is what i Googled and hope it is right.

#28 ·
My reservations are made for room #105. Gentleman on the phone said he is fired up about having us down there.

Oh yeah, thre gentleman I spoke with is also a Yankee from Park Ridge IL. He said the hotel wants to do a BBQ for us one night while we are down there. Great people from what I've heard so far.

Shawn he would like for you to contact the hotel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.