Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the Inn at 06:40, in the drive safe and sound at 6:10 pm. 711 miles only to find a locked door and no house key. I had a great time re-meeting everyone plus the new faces of Paul,Liam and Jacke, What a week, thanks Sean and everyone for all of your hard work...

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
We dropped the wings off at Seans house this morning for Pete and Hellen to use while enjoying the rest of their stay and we headed off to florida for a week of some much needed family time. We arrived at the hotel in Kissimmee at 5 pm and am now setting by the pool enjoying refreshments. It was great seeing old friends and new alike, a huge thanks to sbinsc for doing a great job with the event, he dI'd a great job hosting the event. Also, a huge special thanks to our family across the pond who made the trip to join in for the week, it was so great to meet you and hope that we have the opportunity to meet again someday.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Made it home about 7:30. Now showered, fed & relaxed!

·
Just one of the guys
4,772 Posts
Just got home at midnight, we just highballed it all the way in. Pretty tired, but got here safe, sound and no problems

·
Pwhoever
3,078 Posts
I just got home about 1/2 hour ago. Now for a badly needed shower. I also got texts from Parman (Don) and Erwjww (Jack) and they are both safely home as well. Thank you to everyone for making this such a great event!

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
Tammy and I arrived home just a bit ago after a brief stop to visit her dad in the hospital.
Sean you did a wonderful job of arganizing the event . Thanks to you and your helpers.

It was great to meet with new and old friends alike . Thanks to the folks who travelled from the UK to spend this time with us .

Thank you everyone who made the effort to make this event so nice.

now to begin unpacking.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Rolled in at 3:00 PM today. (20th) I swear the toll roads and interstates have gotten worse since last year. The state of New York should pay people to use their roads instead of the other way around.

Great job SB and all involved to make it happen for the event. Nice crowd of folks.

Ride long and often. Wilkoi and Mrs. Wilkoi

·
Best looking member
3,103 Posts
Well were not home yet Shadows4ever, Goldwings4ever (Anita & Bob) and I are in Kitty Hawk N.C. had a great but hot couple of days driving. We stayed over a day to see some of the sights like Duck Donuts and a light house. Will be back on the road tomorrow morning, hopefully home (Canada!!!!)by Thursday.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
Chris and I got home late this afternoon after a long, boring and pretty sleepless flight from Atlanta to Heathrow and then on to Newcastle.
It has been a blast, great to meet old friends from Europe and US and also to meet new friends. We came to your party and you all made us so welcome it is humbling.
Thanks to all of you, especially Sean, Lynn and family for your friendship and hospitality. Lots of happy memories of a great bunch of friendly folk.
Its not something we could afford to do every year, but our lasting impression is that we intend to come back and visit again in the not too distant future.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Anita and I and Goldwinger made it to our home this afternoon. Goldwinger is presently en route home to Newmarket after a hearty Chinese Food feast.

·
Best looking member
3,103 Posts
Got home safe and sound about 8 last night. I can't thank Bob and Anita enough for letting me tag along on this great adventure it was without a doubt some of the best riding I have done in 40 years of riding. Again thanks Bob and Anita, and I will be over later today to partake in the Chinese left overs. :grin3:

·
Voice in the wilderness
237 Posts
Arrived home this morning after a fantastic 2 weeks.
Got to meet some old friends, got to make some new friends.
Friendship is what it is all about, really, it makes the world go round.
Thanks to everyone for putting up with me, and to Sean and Lynn for putting me up.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
We left Edgefield and headed to Florida for a week. Drove back Saturday and picked the bikes up in Edgefield and rode the rest of the way home, mostly in rain. But we are home trying to get things done so we can head back out for the NAGF Illinoise M&G this coming weekend.

Had a great time at N8, It was great to see old and new friends alike. A special thanks to Pete & Helen, Paul & Chris, Jocky and Liam for making the trip from across the pond. They are a great group of people and I really enjoyed getting to know each of you. Also to Sean and family who did a great job with every detail of the event. I told Sean he needs to start an annual event in Edgefield!!! I think it would be a big hit!!

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
glad you are home safe and sound John.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences over there, and a lot of it was because of your hospitality and generous help.
Well you now know how to get here, so anytime your in the area and need anything, anything at all, you know you will always have a place to stay! I really enjoyed you and Andy being here.

·
Administrator
57,376 Posts
Well you now know how to get here, so anytime your in the area and need anything, anything at all, you know you will always have a place to stay! I really enjoyed you and Andy being here.

I really enjoyed this trip, it is the first long trip I have taken on any bike.
and the 1800 with its' modifications is so comfortable for me now, I don't even feel like I am on a bike...

I just might show up back in King, NC one of these days.... :grin3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.