Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 419 Posts

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
I stumbled into this thread, Sioux Falls is just 600 mi from Estes Park, where we will be late June on our ride back after visiting 7 National Parks. now if I just can find the will to tell my wife: "Honey, maybe we will extend our ride a week and a half in order to attend a very interesting rider's meeting " ....

Motomano

·
Administrator
22,299 Posts
Moto, maybe you could meet with John and Dave's group and ride to NASSIR with them. They will be touring the Rapid City area a few days before the 12th.

I haven't worked out my agenda yet, but I will probably pass through the Denver area on my way to Carhenge near Alliance, Kansas on the 10th.

·
Administrator
58,999 Posts
Yes, DaveO430, Dodge, Lopeha and myself are going to be in the Rapid City, SD area for 3 days just circling around that area taking in the sights.

I think it would be neat if you can manage to get together with us and tag along with us to Sioux Falls from there.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Would love to have you with us. Hope you have afterburners on your ride! LOL Just kidding most of us are sane.

·
Registered
31 Posts
NASSIR 9 is only 10 weeks away. I've never been to a NASSIR get together or any other kind of get together for that matter and was thinking about giving this one a try, I'm only 214 miles away. Just wondering what the plan is once we get to Sioux Falls? Not much information post up yet unless i missed it. From reading past threads about earlier NASSIR events it sounds like everyone has had a good time.

·
Administrator
58,999 Posts
The info so far has been more sparse than what I hoped it would be.

most of us will be rolling in on Monday to grab a room and hopefully a good night's sleep :rofl:

Tuesday is holler at everybody day, rummage around town, get something to eat, slap each other on the back.

Wednesday's usually see small groups just deciding to go ride somewhere and look around. That night, we usually have a evening meal somewhere all as a group. that usually gets decided a year in advance by the host, this time that hasn't been done yet, but there is still time to work that out.

Thursdays more rides, or prowling the parking lot inspecting everyone's ride to be sure it is safe :rofl:
Then around 7 ish or so, we have a Charity Auction of stuff that folks bring in, gag gifts, unneeded motorcycle gear, old helmets, bottle of imported whiskey from Canada???? did last year :) most anything you don't need, bring it along and we all try to outbid each other on it..... the more we imbibe, the stranger the auction gets :) :) it is hilarious at times.

then Fridays or Saturdays, folks pull out for somewhere, home, more trips, whatever.

some of us do the Motel bit, others prefer the Camping bit..... we bounce back and forth from motel to campsite..... this year the camping site is the KOA, just tell them you are with the Goldwing group so they get you close to the rowdy crowd.... uh, not really :rofl:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks AZ, Guess i'll just keep an eye on this thread for a little while yet and see what shakes out. I do have a plan B incase things don't pan out here.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Thanks to all, at the moment it is just an idea, I would love to go, but I checked dates and places and it would involve to extend our 4 week ride inside US for a couple of weeks more, meaning more $, and tracing a long route from the Rockies to SD, or staying in a place for 10-12 days waiting for the gathering, this is our timetable: we will cross the border in San Ysidro on May 28, starting a big loop thru California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, lefting Yellowstone and Grand Teton on June 16, sleep at Pinedale on 17, heading to Arches and Canyonlands, we will left Moab on June 19, sleep in Grand Junction, on 20 ride to Steamboat Springs, on 22 to Estes Park for a couple of days, than head to Boulder, Colorado Springs and El Paso, planning to cross the border on June 28.... Maybe next time, this is our first ride in US, but not the last!

Motomano

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Thanks John, I will set another big ride on the central states and places east of the Rockies , as Blue Ridge Parkway, Dakotas, etc.

Motomano

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Talked to Darlene today. We're booked in from the 11th to the 15th. Electrical sites are all booked.
Au contraire mon amie

'......Just talked to Darlene and got a site, unfortunately I may be next to Mel & Sandy.

Wow...look at us.....actually booked something in advance of arriving.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
I originally planned to make it but now not so sure. We have a grand kid's birthday to attend on June 24. Well be on the road towards Yellowstone Park on the 27. I plan to make it there in about 6-7 days. This puts us in South Dakota on 2-3 or 4 th of July. I would have to wait 5-7 days for the gang to arrive. Of course I could leave NJ later but that puts me more towards the hot days cruising Texas towards FL. I have to give it a serious thought.

·
Administrator
58,999 Posts
Thanks AZ, Guess i'll just keep an eye on this thread for a little while yet and see what shakes out. I do have a plan B incase things don't pan out here.

The easiest way to explain a NASSIR event, is it is just a big social gathering of all of our forum friends.

No vendors to hawk wares at you, no fancy extravaganza entertainment.

just a bunch of folks getting together to have fun.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
My trailer hitch is installed and the lights are working! Good to go. Here is what I am riding to Nassir this year.

·
Administrator
58,999 Posts
Awesome match between the ride and the trailer....

very nice.

Now, I need to get a new set of axles, wheels, and tires.....

the left wheel is toed out.... has scrubbed all the tread off the inside edge, scalloped it almost 3/8" deep compared to the center tread and outside tread.

I have found a 500 lb rated Torsion axle setup, going to call on it Monday.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Nice set up Larry!!!

Make sure you pack my contact info, if you need any in route or while your here, just give a yell, 24/7, doesn't matter.

Reactions: LarryInSeattle

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the wife to call KOA and get a site for the toy hauler (RV). got a site with full hook-ups. we canceled our room at the motel so there is one available if anybody needs it.
Getting very excited and it can't get here quick enough..

181 - 200 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.