Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,246 Posts
hmmm, I like blue grass......
might have to stay over a night.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Further too.......I just checked out all the bands playing at JazzFest in Sioux Falls from Thursday to Saturday and there is some awesome talent performing both on the Second and Main stage....23 bands or so and that'll scratch your itch for Blues rock soul folk jazz rap lots of jaundras covered. This is going to be good. Awesome timing for the NASSIR CaptainMidnight.
Let's thank John for the dates. The preceding weekend is huge with Hot Harley Nights and FamilyFest at the fairgrounds, as is the following weekend of JazzFest of our "during the week" NASSIR9 ..Rally.
Wednesday night is Hot Summer Nights (Corvettes and Bikes) with downtown roped-off to all traffic with live bands and food and...
Thursday night is Chuck Brennan's weekly concert at his place, and also the start of JazzFest.

...again, the busiest "bike week" of the year here.
Tons of rides already planned for both weekends with some sprinkled into the weekdays..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aww sweet, I live in Sioux Falls. If I can get my carbs to behave, Ill probably stop by with a friend of mine. If not, Ill bring my CX500. Its pretty much a mini goldwing, right?

I guess I could borrow a different friend's 1200 aspy if I need to fit in inconspicuously.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Let's thank John for the dates.
No need to thank John. These have been the dates (With the exception of N8) since NASSIR inception if one has been paying attention........ So I guess you can thank Steve Saunders for the dates as these dates made it easier for him to attend with his (at the time) school age child.

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
While on the subject of dates, let's remember that Thursday night of each NASSIR is always Auction Night. That is when we let our hair down and have a royal blast rooting each other up to out bid on that "must have item" :)

There might be a good Jazz show out there somewhere, but it can wait until after the Auction Night is over ... that is, if you are still able to navigate much farther than to your room :rofl:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Aww sweet, I live in Sioux Falls. If I can get my carbs to behave, Ill probably stop by with a friend of mine. If not, Ill bring my CX500. Its pretty much a mini goldwing, right?

I guess I could borrow a different friend's 1200 aspy if I need to fit in inconspicuously.
My mailbox is full until I D/L it out.
Get ahold of me and we'll straighten that carb rack out over the weekend sometime.
FourNine6-6OneTwo9

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Let's thank John for the dates.
No need to thank John. These have been the dates (With the exception of N8) since NASSIR inception if one has been paying attention........ So I guess you can thank Steve Saunders for the dates as these dates made it easier for him to attend with his (at the time) school age child.
No, John convinced me (because he was paying attention) to move the dates up a week instead of the first week in July, which is what we had originally planned and advertised for as originally posted.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #291

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
Looks like Dodge of Maumelle, AR and I will be riding up to S.D. together in Air Conditioned comfort in his pickup truck...

He has found a double wide motorcycle trailer so we can both take our bikes.

for once, I get to rest on the trip, being a passenger :)

this will be quite unlike my return home from Atlanta, GA two weeks ago.
The 91-97 degree temps I was riding thru, really took all the starch out of me.

even the Cool Vest had a hard time keeping up, I was having to stop about every 90 minutes to ice it down, and to replenish my inner core temperature.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
Looks like me and Andy get to sweat.

Reactions: AZgl1800 and lopeha

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Hey we can swap off if you'd like. That sounded funny I meant to say John and I would spot you and Andy periodically if you wanted to. LOL The temp is another reason I decided to do this. We will have to load Johns Yellow Bird when we get there. He and I can do it if you guys want to go and save some coolness if there is any by the time we arrive.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
The temp is another reason I decided to do this.
I can't say I blame you, I may do the same myself someday. I'll try to tough it out, ustacould. :|

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
22,365 Posts
Temperature has a lot to do with my decision to make the trip up there in 4 days, rather than 3. It's less than a couple hours a day difference, but still gets you off the road before the real heat.

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
Temperature has a lot to do with my decision to make the trip up there in 4 days, rather than 3. It's less than a couple hours a day difference, but still gets you off the road before the real heat.

Yup, if you leave an hour before sunlight, you can get a lot of miles behind you before the REAL HEAT gets bad.

Depending on where you are, they may, or may not be animals on the road.

When I came home from Atlanta, GA via I-20 to Birmingham, AL and then up US-78 to Memphis, to I-40 and home, I never saw an animal one on the Interstates.

it was just too hot for them to be away from the trees.

I rode from Forrest Park, AR to home in one day, but it took me a lot of rest stops... left at 9 PM and pulled into home at 7:30 AM

When I left I-40 and headed north, the temperatures started climbing, rising from 91 to 95. argh!

·
Administrator
59,246 Posts
I think I've settled on a T-shirt design.
...and some other things.

My employer is on board with a new MMT 3X5 tag-a-long for a raffle. I still have to work the details out with him.

Back in Post 207 you mentioned a Raffle, is this still in the works?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
I think I've settled on a T-shirt design.
...and some other things.

My employer is on board with a new MMT 3X5 tag-a-long for a raffle. I still have to work the details out with him.

Back in Post 207 you mentioned a Raffle, is this still in the works?

We'll do a raffle, but not for the trailer. We've switched plans for the trailer situation. The PGR will be getting trailers courtesy of us and the manufacturer. That's what we're doing with the trailers.

Lets raffle a bike for a big ticket item.
We'll have lessor "stuff" for a raffle as well.
Remember, we've Motoplex doing something for us, ..and others.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Will we still have our annual auction since a raffle is being held? Are we doing both?

281 - 300 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.