Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 419 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Will we still have our annual auction since a raffle is being held? Are we doing both?
Talking about Christmas?
We'll do both.

Reactions: Snorebaby

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,226 Posts
The Auction will be Thursday Night, as always.

and we have more to talk about at the auction for upcoming plans.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
I'll detail the '80 and get something of it up for a view.
I don't ride it.
Pretty much everything is new on it except for the factory black paint and red pinstriping. Some chrome add-ons.
It can sit for weeks unattended and will fire over to a perfect idle with just a bump of the start button.

Why don't I ride it?
I'm not going to be the one tearing it up. I ride hard everywhere I go, and the bike deserves a better life with that in mind. No doubt that the bike can take whatever I'll give it, but I'm certain without question that its never had a rider like me on it doing what I normally do...
So, it's not for sale, but let's think about it for a raffle.
Not a showbike, but it's an Excellent rider.
Shipping anywhere within the lower 48 included.

I've an '82I that I want to concentrate on anyways. Keeping this '80 bike in my life kinda keeps me from moving on with that plan.
MBS, ...it ain't for everyone.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Not detailed yet, but this would be the one.
I'll remove some things like the rear mudflap, maybe the front disc covers, whatever will make it "Best".

I'll detail it, take lots of better pictures and a detailed video.

The paint is great, but for it to be perfect, a Pro paint job would do it.
Mechanically it is 100% maintenance-free and ready to ride home.

I'll get a list of all the new parts.
Two shops here in town have maintained its 47K miles, both of whom I know and trust. One (Bobs Cycle Repair) I deal with more than the other, Doug @ Competition Cycle.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
OH WOW!!!

My son would love that! It would match my 1500!

Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Can a fella be in on the raffle even though he can't be at the gathering?

Seriously... If shipping is included and someone in Maine from the site would host it for a week or two until the paperwork for us to import it goes through, we may want a crack at it!

Jeremy has been wanting another bike, especially after we swapped bikes for an hour or so one day. It was his first time driving a Goldwing. He loved it.

Tim.

·
life is good
1,173 Posts
Not detailed yet, but this would be the one.
I'll remove some things like the rear mudflap, maybe the front disc covers, whatever will make it "Best".

I'll detail it, take lots of better pictures and a detailed video.

The paint is great, but for it to be perfect, a Pro paint job would do it.
Mechanically it is 100% maintenance-free and ready to ride home.

I'll get a list of all the new parts.
Two shops here in town have maintained its 47K miles, both of whom I know and trust. One (Bobs Cycle Repair) I deal with more than the other, Doug @ Competition Cycle.

Thoughts?
we will buy a ticket for a raffle for this bike ! ! !:grin3:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Lots of unanswered questions about this bike raffle. Won't bother asking as they won't get a response. Just like the other questions that were asked & not responded to.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Lots of unanswered questions about this bike raffle. Won't bother asking as they won't get a response. Just like the other questions that were asked & not responded to.
Im in a meeting.
Relax

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
proly every person going or not going would buy i ticket.
Guess we are out of the norm then, we will not be buying a ticket. We already have 3 bikes and are not interested in another one. Good luck to those that are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Snorebabe,
Why don't you go ahead and enter, if you win I'll take it off your hands and give you back your investment.>:)

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
proly every person going or not going would buy i ticket.
Snorebabe,
Why don't you go ahead and enter, if you win I'll take it off your hands and give you back your investment.>:)
:laugh: I would rather let those interested do the entering, so if you are interested I won't be in your way of possibly being the winner. :smile2:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
:laugh: I would rather let those interested do the entering, so if you are interested I won't be in your way of possibly being the winner. :smile2:
For what its worth before I spent a penny on a ticket I'd want to know where the money was going.:surprise:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
I would rather let those interested do the entering, so if you are interested I won't be in your way of possibly being the winner.
For what its worth before I spent a penny on a ticket I'd want to know where the money was going.
Good point Ken.
There will be excess (net) monies that will get donated locally to charity.
That's how we do it here in Sioux Falls; Charitable Contribution
...that's how it's done everywhere...

Should I take the rear bumper off and put the bike to near stock condition? Many won't like the rear end because of the bumper ...imo.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Good point Ken.
That's how we do it here in Sioux Falls; Charitable Contribution
...that's how it's done everywhere...
When decided and approved by the event committee. Sorry dude, this event IS THE MEMBERS EVENT!!! Not the "Steve Scott, Im here to get a pat on the back" event........ Your disrespect to the committee is astounding! Sickening really. I would have pulled the plug on you holding an event a year ago if I had a say in it back then.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Good point Ken.
So this is you selling a bike for a set price with anything over that set price going to a charity of your choice?:surprise:

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Good point Ken.
So this is you selling a bike for a set price with anything over that set price going to a charity of your choice?
Yes and No.
The bike isn't "free" and we'll decide on where the excess goes.

Jobe, then don't come here if you've a committee problem.
When I was asked by John if I would be the host for this, there was no "committee".
I don't see one now.
You want to help?

301 - 320 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.