Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #322

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
We're self-supporting.
The self-serving aspect of helping our own with the excess monies has a fine line attached to it.

The last Rally I was involved in (about a month ago) generated over $35K.

...and what are we doing here?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I just want to get a good look at the bike, but the pic won't open for me.
Dennis, I've been riding it around a bit today to exercise it.
Now it's almost 9pm and I still have to detail it, get better pictures, take some video and then get it all to where you can see it.

I don't just snap my fingers, you know...
You must've missed my post saying I'd post this stuff.

The picture opens on my phone for about 5 seconds before it shreds to a broken link.
....not my problem to deal with.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
So, for any interested in what little I do, I tried:

..to see either Lena or Mena at Cloud 9. Neither were there until 3pm, and I've yet to make it back there to see either.
..to meet with Greg over at Motoplex. He left early for a Dr. appointment, ...never to return today.
...to meet with my food truck guy. His store was closed today for some unknown to me reason.
...to pick the '80 1100 up and vet it back to my place, which went well.
...to meet with the Siouxland Riders heads, our local 'Wing club, at Dario's, their morning meeting place. I was late and missed 'em. My fault, not theirs.

So that's enough of me getting nothing done today...

Has anyone set a Facebook page up ...or are we not trying to include ourselves in what's happening in my neighborhood with others?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Being responsible, I'm wanting to have only 130 raffle tickets @ $20 each, as we're not trying to make money that we don't need.
That will cover the bike shipped anywhere with very little left to argue over.

·
Administrator
25,567 Posts
Who do you think?
"We" don't have a clue, about anything that is supposed to happen at this event. I for one am just going for the trip and to see some of my friends. If this thing turns out to be anything other than a total fiasco I'll be surprised.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
This is the tightest factory bike I've got.
...worthy of a raffle.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Who do you think?
"We" don't have a clue, about anything that is supposed to happen at this event. I for one am just going for the trip and to see some of my friends. If this thing turns out to be anything other than a total fiasco I'll be surprised.
...fantastic!
Kinda like the first one then, huh?
Been telling 'ya, "Motorcycling Capital of the USA"
I've no doubt's about a fiasco. We love a fiasco. We speak Fiasconese out here. What I have doubts about is ...that many will be so far out of their comfort zone that they'll go ho-humming-home thinking anything negative.
I doubt that'll happen.

I'm trying to talk a fella into letting me use his Dayton dyno for the week so we can play with it whenever...

·
Administrator
58,961 Posts
I adamantly refuse to put the rally events on Facebook, I hate that thing.

it is a forum thing, a community forum event, of the members, for the members, by the members, and I do NOT want the blathering junk of FB getting into that.

Now, all that aside, I did think about maybe using Facebook to help spread the word.... but probably only from just putting up links to where the rally will be hosted.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
...fantastic!
I've no doubt's about a fiasco. We love a fiasco. We speak Fiasconese out here. What I have doubts about is ...that many will be so far out of their comfort zone that they'll go ho-humming-home thinking anything negative.
I doubt that'll happen.

I'm trying to talk a fella into letting me use his Dayton dyno for the week so we can play with it whenever...
Absolutely nothing like the first one. Cyote61 did a great job of planning and keep us informed of the events that were going to happen and no matter how hard every host would like for their NASSIR to be the best, none will ever beat N1 ! Looking forward to see old friends and hopefully making new ones at this rally.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
I adamantly refuse to put the rally events on Facebook, I hate that thing.

it is a forum thing, a community forum event, of the members, for the members, by the members, and I do NOT want the blathering junk of FB getting into that.

Now, all that aside, I did think about maybe using Facebook to help spread the word.... but probably only from just putting up links to where the rally will be hosted.
Well then, I'll do it. No problem.
Just more stuff on my plate..
This is for us, obviously.
You wanted the Midwest Flavor 2 years ago.
In 2 weeks you'll get it.
You're coming here, remember?
We've 3 days to leave a mark.
We're helping The PGR in a major way through Alcom like none ever have.
We'll help others while helping ourselves.
Any money (cash) generated will be put to responsible use outside of ourselves or no money will be generated at all. We'll have our raffle (Bike included) as usual, as this is not what I'm talking about.

I would say, "actual MC members know what I'm saying", but I don't want anyone's feeling's hurt in me saying that. You know how it goes.

I still have to draw a shirt up. Dave gave me "fiasco" to work with. That's the most help I've had yet.
Try to relax with Ton's of available Osmosis at the ready...

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
And still you go on & on while not providing any information! Several of us have asked you politely to answer our questions and mostly get snide remarks or comments in return! Why do you continue to review to answer what is asked in a straightforward & mature manner ? Your response to all the things you didn't get done today were things that you promised to to do over a month ago! You asked me earlier to "trust" you, well to me trust, like respect, is earned not just given. So far I have not seen anything worthy of that! As far as telling me to "relax", I am a conscientious person who is truthfully hoping all the attendees have a good time which is hard to comprehend when noone other than you has any idea what is planned. To say I am disillusioned & frankly worried about the event would be a great understatement.

To those folks who are on the fence about attending please do as the core group plans to have a great time in spite of anything else!
...fantastic!
I doubt that'll happen.

Reactions: Goldwinger

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
...fantastic!
I doubt that'll happen.

Absolutely nothing like the first one. Cyote61 did a great job of planning and keep us informed of the events that were going to happen and no matter how hard every host would like for their NASSIR to be the best, none will ever beat N1 ! Looking forward to see old friends and hopefully making new ones at this rally.
Think of the anticipation building. That's what I meant.
Things are not stale, are they...
I'll be glad to meet y'all. CM85 ain't bad. Ain't The Best, but ain't too bad of a person.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
And still you go on & on while not providing any information! Several of us have asked you politely to answer our questions and mostly get snide remarks or comments in return! Why do you continue to review to answer what is asked in a straightforward & mature manner ? Your response to all the things you didn't get done today were things that you promised to to do over a month ago! You asked me earlier to "trust" you, well to me trust, like respect, is earned not just given. So far I have not seen anything worthy of that! As far as telling me to "relax", I am a conscientious person who is truthfully hoping all the attendees have a good time which is hard to comprehend when noone other than you has any idea what is planned. To say I am disillusioned & frankly worried about the event would be a great understatement.

To those folks who are on the fence about attending please do as the core group plans to have a great time in spite of anything else!
...fantastic!
I doubt that'll happen.

The questions you asked were of t-shirt costs, rides planned and if the food is still happening.
Really? You're going to preach to the crowd over that?
Worry about something more important.
T-shirts cost the same on any ride, anywhere. Yes, there are rides planned. I'm concentrating only on one, our Rally Ride. Everything else is fodder and not unique enough to mention unless you're here experiencing it firsthand.
I haven't cancelled anything, so why harp on the food issue? You need reassurance or something from a month ago?
You're gonna wear yourself out before you get here with that stuff.
You gonna keep needling me or can I get back to trying to get something done?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
...and just so all know, I offered to get Steve and his Crew out here.

I never heard back.

He's got no issue with me. He let this Forum go out of his control and ain't liking none of it...
He's moved on...
In saying that, ... he's still here and watching.
So, this is what we're doing; we're going to continue our growth and make his forum the Strongest it can be by setting new standards, as usual.

First up is be responsible and help the Industry.
Think we can't?
...then I'll change your thinking on that.

You know what's funny, M.com can't believe what they're seeing.
We're road-mapping this Industry interaction for them like a Dream Come True.

...it's now or never.
We're so unique right now that more are looking at us than
y'all realize. So ask yourself, who would want to pay attention to any of this?

Remember, I can generate clicks, at will and at any time, in case some forgot...

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Secondly, ...
I've a solid and viable plan to buy this Forum back from Motorcycle.com in such a way as to benefit them above keeping it.
...our own server costs paid in full ...for life.
And back to the old of no visible advertising, ever.

We do that, and I'll chill out for a while afterwards.

Next time we do a Rally, I've a very important suggestion for each of you to consider when you get here and hear it from me.
NASSIR10 *needs* no traditional Host. There can be one though.
We're about to change things drastically where everybody gets to play, yet there can be a traditional host for centering.

Yeah, I got a plan ready to roll in a vicious way if need be on this without fail.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Secondly, ...
I've a solid and viable plan to buy this Forum back from Motorcycle.com in such a way as to benefit them above keeping it.
Last person out, don't let the door hit you in the Butt.........

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Go get a coffee Jobe.
You're clearly not awake yet.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Wow, wish I knew what he was talking about. I'm coming and I'm going to have a good time. Several of us are taking a couple of weeks and doing some of S. Dakota. It's all good so chill out and enjoy the ride.

321 - 340 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.