Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
You should have showed up anyway Mark, we had a good time despite it all.

·
Administrator
57,671 Posts
Absolutely had a wonderful time.
We had all agreed that we would do what we always do, and that is visit with our friends, choose our own ride outs, and have fun.
Cm85 leaving for good just improved the atmosphere for us all :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Reading the post with CM85 made me tense. I couldn't imaging seeing the AHole in person. We would have had a great time and seeing everyone would have been worth it. Ended up we bought a house a few years prior than originally planned and that took up our summer. Making it our home and knocking out upgrades this year. We just committed to NASR10 in WV next year! Will be in ES for sure this year. Not sure of other trips at the moment.

·
Administrator
57,671 Posts
Hey!
that is great Mark, I am really looking forward to seeing you at both events.

The "Bestest part" of all future Summer Rally events now is, they are going to be forum neutral and we want to get all of our old friends to come back and see us again.

and, with the new permanent Steering Committee available to handle all questions of "how to" and "where to find resources" and with the New Auction rule of "pay it forward to ourselves", we now have a way to help future hosts with the up front costs to lock in special stuff for the events.

IE, next year for NASR10, there are costs payable in advance to lock in the Pavilions for us, all of them, so that we are guaranteed to have our own friends close by, and not have to be cramped for space...

Hope that some of our group takes the Indian Teepees, as those are very close to our pavilions and our group tends to get a bit noisy after dark :rofl:

I can smell the pancakes and sausage already! :rofl:

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
I saw the post for West Virginia...
...What happened to Texas?

Unless I get shot in the butt with diamonds, WV is probably 8 or 9 miles more than I can afford to go.
I'll send you a quarter if that will help. :grin3:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Pictures from Sioux Falls and the Auction

Richard (Rhalbur) uploaded a bunch of pictures to my server that were taken while in Sioux Falls and during the Auction. My server has a slow upload speed so be patient when you are downloading them. They will be available until the end of August.

I have zipped them up and they are available until August 31'st on my server at the following link.

Rhalburs Pictures

3 Panorama's of Sioux Falls Park I created.

Sioux Falls Panorama's

I also have the Go Kart Videos but they are quite large. I may have to upload them to YouTube if that is ok with Richard.

Henry

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
What's her Name and I pulled into home July 25. It has been an awesome adventure

As previously stated...I enter runs with no expectations, therefore, no disappointments, it is whatever you make of it yourself. I would like to thank Captain Black/Midnight/Tweaker, or whatever we decided to call him, for DISORGANIZING this years NASSIR. Nikki and I had a blast. We saw the folks we wanted to see, though some late bailouts were disappointing like - Wine_r..... but I forgive ya. Too bad for the forum folk who bailed due to their foresight of a CMN cluster F%$K. Sioux Falls is an awesome City with lots going on every week during the summer. Rally's, concerts, car shows, and so on. Beautiful Parks right in this small city. It is a mere 8hrs due south of us and plan to attend events as they peak our interest. Thanks to Lopeha and Azgl1800 for getting us organized and through the 3 days.

We met new folk from the forum, and best of all we Met Andy and Oriala (Big Ike/Young Andy) from Sioux Falls, who stepped up and contributed to the rides, contributed prizes for the auction, contributed purchases at the auction and his lovely daughter as the Auctioneer Assistant. Big Ike did more than most for this event and he was a newbie who had no idea what this was even about. In a weird coincidence, it was the Captain who brought him to us. Andy..thanks so much for helping out with my trailer lights, all still working just fine, awesome for you to step up like that, follow through, and get it done. Thanks for getting CJ/Red/Scotty/Wpg.fire/Helen/and us to the Blues Fest. Middle of the mosh pitt watching Kenny Wayne Sheppard was wicked!!!!!! and it was free!!!! Where in America does that happen, 30 some odd bands 3 days and its free!!!! We are so glad we made the trip and so glad it was in Sioux Falls. Welcome....our new brother and sister..... Big Ike and Oriala.

After 5 days in Sioux Falls we spent 5 days touring the Black Hills, 2 Days in Custer and on home. Total of 17 days on the road and 7,000klm

·
Administrator
57,671 Posts
Kyle,

I really enjoy meeting Nikki, and even you :rofl:

We had a blast, and thank you for the kudos for Andy/Lopeha and that other guy... whoever he is.

gotta ask, did that special package in the brown bag make it safely home??? :)

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Kyle,

I really enjoy meeting Nikki, and even you :rofl:

We had a blast, and thank you for the kudos for Andy/Lopeha and that other guy... whoever he is.

gotta ask, did that special package in the brown bag make it safely home??? :)
Thank you and Jobe05 for that. Actually it didn't make it home at all. A young gal from Canada and a young gal from Washington State along with Nikki put a serious dent in it. At least it was getting used for what it was meant for.

Nik and I really really had a great time. All of us at the campground hung pretty tight. Nikki is even kinda sweet on that Scott fella. Chatting at the tables at the hotel, the rides, it was all good!!!! Meeting the New Andy and Oriala was icing on the cake. We're keeping in touch and discussing that ES run in September. Our extra coupla of days in Sioux Falls was incredible.

You guys stepped up so schmuchs like me can say I had a great time!!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Alrighty everybody... just wanted to say that like the Snore's I continued to ride... But I finally made it home and the scramble to finish things before school starts is upon me...

All toll... 3887 miles in 18 days. (I only actually moved locations on 13 of those days.)

Thanks to everyone who attended... and I know it isnlt a popular sentiment... but thank you Steve for hosting this year. I REALLY enjoyed meeting you...

Took a gob load of video. I'm just gonna leave this right here:

·
Administrator
57,671 Posts
Thanks to everyone who attended... and I know it isnlt a popular sentiment... but thank you Steve for hosting this year. I REALLY enjoyed meeting you...
The "only good thing" that happened with N9, is that we all went to that location to meet up with each other.... and we had a lot of good rides around the area and across the country.

Using that guy's name and "host" in the same sentence does not engender good feelings with me.

I saw him snag you and give you a lot of talk.... Too bad he did not put some effort into doing the things he was supposed to.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Alrighty everybody... just wanted to say that like the Snore's I continued to ride... But I finally made it home and the scramble to finish things before school starts is upon me...

All toll... 3887 miles in 18 days. (I only actually moved locations on 13 of those days.)

Took a gob load of video. I'm just gonna leave this right here:
The Unaweep Scenic Byway
Glad to have seen you again, Travis. Thanks for all the pics on FB, have enjoyed the travels you have shared. Glad you made it home safely, now to rest up from vacation. Hope to see you next year.

401 - 419 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.