Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 419 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
So....at one time I knew what Nassir was all about and what Nassir stood for. But the cobwebs have clouded things a bit. The ride to SD is a good one and the rides IN SD are good as long as we're nowhere near the Sturgis dopefest. Would someone enlighten me? What's the celebration? What're we doing? Might come if it looks worthwhile.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,271 Posts
NASSIR

North
American
Steve
Saunders
International
Rally

and I hope to see ALL of our members there at the same time this next July :)

and I don't care what brand is on the title of your bike, if you can ride in the wind, I want to see you there...

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Well, I've some things planned, some things being planned. For some I know, planning this far ahead is a bit too strenuous on 'em.
For example, I've a friend with a helocopter. He's not one for a whole lot of planning ahead,.. as his view of the world might just have the SHTF at anytime now. He's more than happy to give some rides should we all make that far into the future though...
I know some others with air balloons.
On the ground, ...we'll be riding motorcycles.
I'm trying to piece together a nice concert with some good music. At least music that I think is good..
I'd like to get Craig Vetter out here. Maybe it'll happen, maybe not. Id like to see Russ jr. out here as well.
In any event, I've enough cohorts out here locally to make for an interesting week.
...be nice if I could get my dual-engined bike finished in time. I'm really wanting to ride a dual-engined "GL-2000".
Maybe we'll have a Goldwing show, ...or at least one for the Jap-powered amongst us. There's plenty of nice GL's here to support doing something specific with them.
Maybe we'll ride out to my friend Cliffs "secret" asparagus patch on the side of the road, ...that he thinks I don't know about, ...and grab some for grilling.
Lot's of options at this point.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Only about 85 miles from here to the Cloud 9 Motel. Hope to be there. Been by that motel many times visiting the Falls. Maybe have camping at Jellystone?
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Heh Cap't. Any info on campsites yet?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Only about 85 miles from here to the Cloud 9 Motel. Hope to be there. Been by that motel many times visiting the Falls. Maybe have camping at Jellystone?
gumbyred
I like Yogi Bears campground. Easy highway access, a pool nice shower-house, lots of room, close, can handle from tents to rigs, etc..
Certainly an option.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Reactions: CaptainMidnight85

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
If Kyle comes, and he'd better...... he needs to wear the slick hat he got for a consolation prize for not being the long distance champion during Nassir 7....the champion that I am..... I think all of you on here need to see Kyle in his hat.....

C'mon, Kyle, post up a picture!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
With 10"+ of snow and single-digit temperatures, my progress in making it to the various campgrounds has been nil this week.
Hang-in there All, I'll make it to them..

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Brookings is a great trip from Sioux Falls. 50 miles north of Sioux Falls.

Nick's Hamburgers - old fashioned. bet you can't eat just one. last time I was there, I ate 6 aaaah doubles. http://nickshamburgers.com/
SDSU Diary Barn - beats DQ 1,000 times over. It is a farm college with their own dairy. :) yea. think old fashioned milk shakes. banana splits? https://www.sdstate.edu/ds/icecream/
SDSU is a great site to visit anyway.
Oak wood Lake State Park - 18 miles north of Brookings. http://www.stateparks.com/oakwood_lakes_state_park_in_south_dakota.html

Lots of small towns to ride through on the way back.
See all the International Harvester Dealerships that are closed.
Buy some gas from a gas station that their pumps don't go over a $1.00 per gallon. The attendant has to get out his pencil and do the math.
See a kid riding his bicycle with a card stuck in the spokes cuz they don't know what Netflix is.

Not even gonna mention the corn fed South Dakota born girls in short shorts. http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2013/news/130923/scott-mackintosh-600.jpg

Were you expecting a different picture in the short shorts?

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
The Sioux Falls, falls are great. The Dell Rapids, rapids are worthy of a trip. There is a nice swimming hole in the dells that the locals hang out in.

I know that the riders of Sioux Falls will show us some great rides that I never thought of.

The damn tour?

I am looking forward to the ride there and the ride back. If any members from the Pacific Northwest are doing any preliminary planning and looking for another rider (who might be compatible) then send me a PM. I am just putting this on my calendar.

My only other planned event so far for 2016 is the Run for the Wall. Same thing applies here, if you think we could survive and thrive on a trip like that together, send me a PM.

I set and break camp, every day. I prepare my own food and I am never in a rush. If carving the country side is your liking, see you when I get there. I read the mailboxes.... in a spirited manner. I will be on my "new to me" 2002 ABS 1800.

I will be camping at my brother's place in Sioux Falls. He has a big back yard and I have yet to clear an all out invite, but if you are riding with me, you would be treated like family and welcomed.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
I have one more update on my trip plans then if anyone wishes to contact me about stuff, please do so via PM.

I spoke to my brother about camping in his back yard. He has enough room for about 5 tents and 5 motorcycle riders. I wish to reserve those spots for forum members who are traveling with me on our way there. Currently, I have one other rider coming from the Pacific Northwest, so that would leave room for 3 other members to join in. 5 motorcycles is about the maximium I feel comfortable traveling with anyways. However, if camping for free in someone's back yard during Nassir sounds like something you might be interested in, PM me for information. There could be free space available.

NOTE: of course you don't have to camp in someone's back yard to make the trip from here to there with us. "Ride your own ride."

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
wow! I just called the motel to try to book a room... twice... and both times I got this extremely lethargic person on the other side who seemed entirely unable to communicate in any meaningful manner.

Pretty high I'd guess?

Gonna call for a third time tomorrow during the business day....

Creepy!

T

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,271 Posts
one of the girls who works there, is not all that understandable in English....

I don't know which one she is, but call back and get the owner or the other gal...
I got the "bad gal" twice, and just called back until I got an English speaking person.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
Preliminary plans for us to attend. Its on the calendar anyway! Be good opportunity since so close to home to attend another Nassir, cant wait!!!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Too bad Jerry and Cindy's place is on the other side of the state, as camping there would be a cool experience for anyone..

Attachments

41 - 60 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.