Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 419 Posts

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
Have you given up on camping Q-Daddy? Using that Timeout Trailer for storage now?

Pretty sure you'll be seeing me and What's Her Name this year
Oh not at all amigo. But in the hot weather The Hag kinda leans toward AC and hot showers. Deodorant, etc. That frilly stuff, ya know... So we are in the motel again. The TimeOut is just waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Oh not at all amigo. But in the hot weather The Hag kinda leans toward AC and hot showers. Deodorant, etc. That frilly stuff, ya know... So we are in the motel again. The TimeOut is just waiting.

I dunno bout that Q-daddy...remember how we had you holding our hats, beer, and cigarettes when we were giving her crabs:grin3:

·
Administrator
58,756 Posts
going back thru all the posts, there is a KOA,

attendees at KOA Wing4Me,

Yogi Bears campground. Easy highway access, a pool nice shower-house, lots of room, close, can handle from tents to rigs, etc..

that is all I have seen referenced so far Hank

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
As my summer plans keep changing, IM keeping this one in mind. Still don't know if I can swing it, But it's definitely being thought about.......

C'mon John......I'll help with pancakes again

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
C'mon John......I'll help with pancakes again
All the while wearing your second place, sorta long distance, consolation Dragon Hat... I hope.....

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
What campground are you hearty campers camping at? Red and I need to squeeze in somewhere (she snores, but not too loud.....).

·
Just one of the guys
4,790 Posts
No official campground has been announce that I know of. There are 2 near the hotel from what I can see when looking online. The KOA looks to be only about 2 blocks from the hotel, the Yogi Bear is east one exit on I90. Both of them are close to I90 so there will be traffic noise. The Yogi Bear is less expensive, nearly $10 a night.

·
Administrator
22,191 Posts
Well, the traffic noise will drown out Red's snoring. :cooldevil:

How much are the campsites at both places?
My pocketbook is starting to lead me toward cheaper...and I just checked my lottery ticket. It won't be of any help.

·
Just one of the guys
4,790 Posts
Looking at the campground's websites:

KOA Sioux Falls is $39 for a tent site with water and electric, $27 for tent site no hookups. $43 to $48 For RV site with full hookups.

Yogi Bear is $31 for tent sites, no mention of water or electric. They do say Sunday thru Thursday buy 3 nights get one free. RV sites are $51 or $55.

I know Steve was working on getting something set up for those of us camping, I suspect at this time of year he may be having difficulty finding anyone around at the campgrounds to see if he can get a group rate.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
As usual....What's Her Name and I are wingin it. Figure it out when we get there.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Red and I are wingin' it, too, with our 2005 Aspen Sentry, and are kind of perplexed about what campground to reserve...... preferably the same one that Kyle and What's Her Name (also known as the Saint Twice Over) are staying in..... Winnipeg Fire and his Sweet Helen, too...... does anyone know if any of the campgrounds have an "open space" concept area? Where several camp trailers could be clustered?

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Red and I are wingin' it, too, with our 2005 Aspen Sentry, and are kind of perplexed about what campground to reserve...... preferably the same one that Kyle and What's Her Name (also known as the Saint Twice Over) are staying in..... Winnipeg Fire and his Sweet Helen, too...... does anyone know if any of the campgrounds have an "open space" concept area? Where several camp trailers could be clustered?
Kinda don't think Lawrence and Helen will make it this year.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Thanks Doug, I also plan on camping. I will have my Pickup/Camper with me so if someone wants to share an RV/Tent site they would be welcome.
Are you trailering your Wing to the event? I was kinda looking for riders coming from our area going.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I will be retiring on May 20th and have a wedding to go to in June. Edie and I will start wandering around a bit so I'm not sure what direction we will be coming from. If we are back here I'd love to ride that direction with you. Edie is is comfortable driving the truck and camper.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I'm here.
Weather here is still wintery.
60° today, but calling for about 8" of snow tomorrow.

...we're still waiting for the weather to break...
2 60° days in a row are a good sign though.

101 - 120 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.