Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 419 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Okay Folks, got a call from Andy Williams: Lopeha
and he has put this together with just one simple phone call....

KOA is the place to be for you guys who are camping.

Here is what Andy passed on to me:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy/Lopeha thinks KOA is the better place to go

CALL ASAP so that everyone can be together…. make sure you mention you are with the Goldwing Group...

Sioux Falls KOA

1-605-332-9987

Tent sites are $27 / night for basic + tax
$39/night with water and electricity, no sharing sites allowed

Lady said that time of the year is extremely busy, do not use the website, call her personally and tell her that you are with the Goldwing group and that she will do her best to group together.

The ones with electricity are near the showers

Several eating establishments are within a half mile, the only complaints they ever get is that it is close to the Interstate highway.

Make the reservations ASAP so that our folks can be as close to each other as possible.

Whoever makes the 1st Reservation!! post up here immediately and we will try to center around you.

The manager mentioned that by going on the website and getting a KOA Care Card, you might be able to save a little bit of money on the campsite.

She has some cabins that are available at $59 a night available from the 11th to the 14th

The cabins have a double bed and bunk beds, no water is available, have to use the shower house. Have a covered deck…. You have to bring your own bedding. This would be hard for folks on just a bike to do.

Andy and I are staying booked at the Cloud 9.

Quiet time is 10 PM, so no loud noises after that time please.

From Mel Gouge on FB: Go ahead and post it, I need to talk with the wife who's teaching.... we'll probably book at about 4 pm PDT...... Thank you.....
Okay... we booked at the KOA, luxury tent site with elect/water, July 11-14..... And she was able to sell us a KOA value card while on the phone....saves a considerable amount of money..... She checked our name and we've stayed there before, in 2008! We're booked under Sandy's name......because that's what they had in the file. Thanks for your work, Andy and John....

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Will do CJ...looking forward to it
Hey, Buddy, we went ahead and booked in the KOA........ hope to see you there......

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I'll swing by this weekend and check-in at KOA with a introduction.

To lessen confusion about my time involved, my work schedule is M-Th 6am-6pm. In general, I'm MIA M-Th because of it.
Fridays are usually spent at the shop moving bikes around.
Saturday is usually a mix of maintenance to my own stuff with some time at the shop if needed.
Sunday is usually just riding.

T-shirt and Patch designs next week, as I'll spend time this weekend designing them.

I'll check-in with Lena at the motel this weekend as well.

The Trent Campground is probably the nicest around in my opinion.
Palisades is nice as well.
I can't say that I'm familiar with the KOA here. Never been to it.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
I took the initiative because it seemed folks were close to blowing the event off. Right or wrong, nice or not now the folks have something they can make plans around.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I'll take whatever help I can get.
Thanks!
My 4-day workweek (as an employee for another) just went to 4-1/2 days. Friday til noon due to a few new welders still getting the hang of it. That throws my own stuff off by a half day.

My daughters birthday is Sunday and I'm not certain exactly what we're doing, but the majority of the day may belong to her. I don't know right now if she'll be with me or her mother.

I have to change my wheels this weekend. Back tire is bald again...

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,248 Posts
I just did a PM to all of the attendees that I know about,

and 100% want to have the auction, and see it as a highlight of the event.

So, bring along something to throw on the Auction Table :)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts

To lessen confusion about my time involved, my work schedule is M-Th 6am-6pm. In general, I'm MIA M-Th because of it.
Saturday is usually a mix of maintenance to my own stuff with some time at the shop if needed.

T-shirt and Patch designs next week, as I'll spend time this weekend designing them.

Appreciate it. Looking forward to your feedback on the most desirable campground or if any will give a NASSIR deal.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
The most desirable is Trent.
It is about a half-hour outside of Sioux Falls though.

...that place is peaceful and beautiful on the river. No pool, ...but a pond with a floating deck and such.
I hope to be heading out there this weekend. Calling for rain this weekend here, but not much..

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Capt'85...

I should be arriving there on Monday... if you need some help I'll "throw in" with you and help in whatever way I can.

·
Administrator
59,248 Posts
Andy, DaveO430, Dodge and my self also arriving on Monday

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
How did the KOA check out?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
The only thing I accomplished was swapping my wheels out for fresher tires.
I should be able to get there before Saturday. Probably Friday.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I booked a space at the KOA. We will be arriving on the 11th and checking out on the 15th. I'm not sure what direction I will be coming from since the wife and I will be wandering around a bit. I have bitten the bullet and given the company my retirement date of May 20th so the wife and I will be out on the road quite a bit this summer. The plans are to use the truck and camper as a base camp and then make day/multi day trips away from the base camp. When we are ready we'll pack up and head for another base camp.

Henry

·
Administrator
59,248 Posts
That is great Henry, about time you and the wife got out together

Mardonna and I planned to do the same, and one year before I retired, she lost her right leg to diabetes. :(

We just don't know what our future holds for us.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Congrats fella!!!! No Life like it. I've retired and I figure What's Her Name is going to pull the pin with in the year too. Sounds like a few are booking in for the KOA. Guess I better get my ticket in too.

I booked a space at the KOA. We will be arriving on the 11th and checking out on the 15th. I'm not sure what direction I will be coming from since the wife and I will be wandering around a bit. I have bitten the bullet and given the company my retirement date of May 20th so the wife and I will be out on the road quite a bit this summer. The plans are to use the truck and camper as a base camp and then make day/multi day trips away from the base camp. When we are ready we'll pack up and head for another base camp.

Henry

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
Kyle, tell the KOA folks you are with the GoldWing group. I arranged it with her to put y'all in the same area. Be forewarned Mel is a snorer (probably is Sandy but she won't admit to it!)

·
Administrator
59,248 Posts
glad to know you are coming, I have a 100 ft extension cord, is that enough? :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
glad to know you are coming, I have a 100 ft extension cord, is that enough? :)
I'll bring my own 100' length of rope. Just hope there's a tree in Sioux Falls that I can tie her to. :ROFL:

We've never yet needed an electrical site. All our stuff is gas or battery.

·
Administrator
59,248 Posts
Just checking in, updating a few things on the bike.
New GPS mount and a new cellphone X mount, both from RAM Mounts.

161 - 180 of 419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.