Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We've had allot of great people working really hard to make this event happen and be a hit. We knew all along though that the one thing we had absolutely no control over was weather. Whether it be rain, shine, hot or cold (yeah right) we just don't know whether the weather would cooperate. (oh come on at least a couple of you should chuckle at that word play.) That being said I bring you our first long range forecast.

I'm not certain but there is a rumor floating around that a large man with horns on his hat met another large man wearing a thong on his head at a crossroad near the Dockery Plantation at midnight. Now nobody seems to know what was discussed but the large man with horns on his hat reportedly walked away sobbing and the man with a thong on his head walked away chuckling to himself. At least that’s the way I hear it.

Rumor has it that the meeting resulted in the weather forecast below. You will have to decide for yourselves what really happened during that meeting and what it resulted in. I only know that the rumors I didn't share here arekeepingme awake at night. I just can't stop the horror! and I can't seem to get this dang blues tune out of my head......

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

tybme wrote:
I'm not certain but there is a rumor floating around that a large man with horns on his hat met another large man wearing a thong on his head at a crossroad near the Dockery Plantation at midnight. Now nobody seems to know what was discussed but the large man with horns on his hat reportedly walked away sobbing and the man with a thong on his head walked away chuckling to himself. At least that’s the way I hear it.

Rumor has it that the meeting resulted in the weather forecast below. You will have to decide for yourselves what really happened during that meeting and what it resulted in. I only know that the rumors I didn't share here arekeepingme awake at night. I just can't stop the horror! and I can't seem to get this dang blues tune out of my head......
Funny.....I remember hearing "Deliverance" :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

"And you sure got purdy.........":kissing:

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Watch yourself there TY

·
Just one of the guys
4,796 Posts
imported post

Paddle faster, I hear banjos!!!

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

DougW wrote:
Paddle faster, I hear banjos!!!
Eh - stay with Flyone in enough hotels and you just kind of learn to drown out the banjos.

Though I have noticed an increase in my therapy bills ever since I met him.... eh I'm sure there isn't any correlation :ROFL:

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

Yeah Tybme has been conditioned.........:happycouple:

I can still keep him up all night by patting him on the butt and telling him that I hope he has a good night. :shock:;)

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Based on several different on weather reporting agencies, they are saying low to mid 90's, possibility of spotty showers 2 days, Monday and Thursday.......

However just the other day they were saying 99 - 98 each day.

I think it's still to far out to be able to properly say what it's going to be like except...... It's July..... and your in Arkansas.........

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

According to the 'Road Trip Planner' on Weather Underground, I'll be running in high 90s (with 'real feel of 106*) and scattered thunderstorms all the way down on Sunday and early Monday. .... but weall know how accurate the weather forecasters are! :waiting:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

very true Ken about the forecasters but I would say that upper 90's would be a safe bet for the duration of the meet.;)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I have no doubt about that, Larry!

I can handle those temps while I'm there ...... as long as I'm in a room with A/C, or in the pool!:laughing:

Just that it's going to be a long, hot slog getting down there in those tempsfor this here Northern Boy! :sleepy:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

yes, I know how long andhot it will be. I just made a ride back from Wisconsin last week, the last 300 miles was from100 to 104 degrees:thumbsdown:but you're tougher than I am so you will make it just fine:D

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Depending on where you were in WI, it's about half the mileage that I'll be riding. Of course being a few years older than you, I'm more .... ah ..... 'seasoned'! I can here my own Bacon sizzlin in the frying pan now! :D

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

Ken, I don't envy you on your trip down here but I will be glad to see you again (sizzled bacon or not):ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I may just be a bit of meltedLard in the bottom of the pan by the time I get down there, Larry! :ROFL:

I'll just have to make sure I drink plenty of cool fluids from my hydration bladder, keeping it topped up with ice. As a matter of fact, it's already in the freezer. It'll probably be thawing out by the tiime I cross over at Port Huron, [email protected] 8am, if not earlier.

Yes .... it'll bevery goodto see you guys again too, Larry! :grinner::cool: :cooler:

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Not looking to shabby - let's hope it holds.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

tybme wrote:
Not looking to shabby - let's hope it holds.
I am good........ain't I? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

And you guys hollered it was "Too hot" in Texas, man those sound like good ole Texas Gulf Coast heat, and humidity....;).....Those are "Cold Wave" temps to us here....Have fun guys....

Wait a minute Dusty you gonna be cooking BACON????...Throw another pound in and call me I'm in for bacon bacon bacon....Did I mention I love bacon????:ROFL:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Claude ... with the predicted temps and humidity and the hours I'll be riding, you'll probably just end up with grease in the pan. Good poured over bread, but not for much more than that! :ROFL: :ROFL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.