Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

One of my long time habits is to account for what all is incurred in a trip. I'm sorta of a stat nut. I do not do this to budget, but I like to see where the the scheckles all go and for folks who haven't done some extended touring to see where they can cut some expenses if they choose.

This is for our 18 day trip to NASSIR of just over 7,000 klm and past two Factory Outlet Centres

Gas - $485.15 - 15% of expenses

Accommodations-Hotel/Camping - $416.65 - 12% of expenses
(Hotel 3 nights / Camp 10 nights / House Guest 4 nights

Food - $758.00 - 23% of expenses
(predominately restaurants Bkfst & Dinner)

Amenities - $383.22 - 11% of expenses
(firewood, toll booths, snacks, aspirin, booze, park fees etc)

Repairs - $622.18 - 19% of expenses
(Had to get a new tire again on the road this year)

Cigarettes - $52.09 - 2% of expenses
What's Her Name makes me keep a separate accounting for this item

Shopping - $604.64 - 18% of expenses
I keep separate accounting for this item to throw back at What's Her Name
:watching::watching::watching:

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yup.....30 minutes from Detroit on the Canadian side. No local bike tire dudes in Leamington Ont. $100 and change for the pick up and haul to Tilbury Ont., $349 for the Tire, another $100 and change for the labor and the rest is taxes. I couldn't talk a local tire guy into throwing on a car tire. If it would have lasted another 30 miles, it would have probably been 1/2 that price. I can't complain, it all got done in one day. Picked me up an hour after I called him and back on the road that afternoon.

To keep track of the chits, I keep a little book and pen in the fairing cover, and it really is no hassle keeping up on it. I indicate the date, travel day, start point end point, mileage start and end and list what I bought and the price in either Canadain or American. Trip notes and logs......that's another story.

I got a spread sheet here at home that does up all the calcs

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Seems a little expensive for an 18 day trip, all the expenses seem resonalble, except one............conclusion: leave whats her name at home, LOL, great seeing you folks again.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Subtract the $1200 for bike repairs and Factory Outlet shopping, cook a couple of meals at the campsite, not too bad a deal.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Kyle YOU know that you CAN NOT leave Niki at home!!!! There would be no one to tell you where to go and you might end up some where you shouldn't!!!!Like Las Vegas NV. on the strip.....Then the shopping outlets when be nothing price wise.....:readit::readit::doh::doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Lot of good that did me bringing Niki this year. 1st day on the road, a left turn at Duluth and we end up back into Canada. By the time we get that figured out we're stopping for entertainment and Factory Outlet Stores, and Flyone tells me I've gotta do a direct drive to qualify for the MC Pete Award. The odds are all against me fella.....:thumbsdown:

Next year in Simcoe which is a 2 day drive, I'm damn sure it'll take me 3 Provinces and 8 States to get there and that's using 2 GPS and a trunk full of maps.:waiting:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.