Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 187 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Dave and I spent the night at a campsite with a view over Fresno Resorvoir last night. Beautiful sunset and clear star filled night sky.

Were underway by 5:45am this morningfor our easy ride to Glacier, where we'll hookup with Beemer Brad.

After our ride in that storm coming through that detour through NW North Dakota, our windshields were a sheet of mud/dirt, but we washed the bikes off at the resorvoir, so they are recognizable once again.

After Glacier, the three of us are headed up the spine of the Canadian Rockies. Beautiful clear, sun filled morning.

Dusty and Dave

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

The Rhino herd is in Chester, CA. Wonderful trip and the e evergreens are awesome! Tomorrow .........the redwoods!
;)

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

We spent the whole day in Yellowstone. Rode approx 300 miles in there..Saw old Faithful and a few wolves and lots of Bison..Huggy had a ball clicking Pics..

At approx 2:45 Pm ( Mountain Time ) on The Norris Mountain Road between Madison and Norris a Red GW pulling a trailer passed by us on the opposite direction...A long yellow streamer was flying from the ariel. We waved and we got a wave back..we had our yellow streamer flying also..Wonder who it was. No time to stop or turn around due to traffic etc.

Northwestward bound tomorrow..

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

Same down here in Sd and Wyoming Mike..Very hot and have to keep hydrated..

Tell Tam were thinking of her..will call when we get to Orchard park and have a few days rest.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

We're in Bismark ND tonight in a Best Western. Tomorrow we plan to get to Missoula, Montana. We will arrive on Saturday in Port Orchard. Bob what day do you expect to arrive?

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
We're in Bismark ND tonight in a Best Western. Tomorrow we plan to get to Missoula, Montana. We will arrive on Saturday in Port Orchard. Bob what day do you expect to arrive?
we hope to arrive in on Monday afternoon, We are just taking our time enjoying the scenery out here.

We are in Cody now and heading out tomorrow. We will come out of Yellowstone at Billings and heading towards Missoula also..We may meet up there..

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

Welp, I made it to Mtn Home ID (670 mi, more or less) today. I'll prob stick around a day or two and make a loop up toward Mc Call/Stanley.

I fought a lot of fire out here for Unc Sam, and he never gave me any tour time....til now.....

Be careful out there. See y'all soon. WS

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
imported post

We camped out in the Sawtooth Mtns last night and now we're heading west to see what Oregon has to offer. Yellow streamers flying!

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

We just made it in to Helena 7:00 PM Mountain time....Wyoming and Montana has great Scenery..What views today..Loved every minute of it..Gonna do Lolo Pass and Snake River Canyon tomorrow.

A Montana Buck just about did us in today..Saw him as he crossed about 8 feet in front of me..Good sized lad...all I could react to was letting off the gas at about 60 MPH, Thank God he kept moving or we would have been all over the road and never made it to Orchard Park.

Time for a swim..Drive safe everyone.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Well, you're only a little over 100 miles from us. We're in Missoula, Montana. We'll be gone early in the morning and arrive in Port Orchard by supper time I hope. You are right about the scenery, it is wonderful.

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

We were trying for Missoula to meet up with ya'all,,But it was just a tad too far and the high winds this afternoonwere not fun..we will be there tomorrow to do Lolo Pass and Snake River Canyon..

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

I rode 400 mi today, and ended up in the same place I left from. I think they call that a circle.

It was a great circle, though. Mtn Home ID, up to Lowman, to Stanley, over the pass to Sun Valley, then almost to Jerome before I got turned the right way to get back.

Good ride, nice soak in the Hot Springs at Lowman, and the 27 yr old wing is purring sweet.

Tomorrow I head west again. I think I smell seafood.....

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

Well the Rhino herd is down safe along the PCH in Arcata, CA. Doing the Redwoods tomorrow. Flygirl, Kayla, and Beaver Bill are dipping their toes in the Pacific Ocean right now ;)

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

swampfoxcws wrote:
Welp, I made it to Mtn Home ID (670 mi, more or less) today. I'll prob stick around a day or two and make a loop up toward Mc Call/Stanley.

I fought a lot of fire out here for Unc Sam, and he never gave me any tour time....til now.....

Be careful out there. See y'all soon. WS
Was that in 94' that you fought the fires in McCall for Unc Sam? That was the year I fought fires out there for good old Unc Sam.

Travel update, After a long delay in getting started yesterday. Got on the road and made it to Moab Utah in time for a sunset jetboat tour. Took off early this morning on the Scenic byway of Highway 128 (Beautiful) North to highway 191 and got on that all the way to Jackson Hole, Montana. Great ride of 588 miles except some slight thunderstorms.Had a great steak and beer dinnerat the Gun Barrel Steak and Game House. Going to spend a few hours exploring YellowStone in thetomorrow before making the decision of which way to head.

Seen quite a few goldwings out and about, but no yellow ribbons that I could see. :sadguy: All in all 2 great days of riding so far. :action::action:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Met up wih Brad a Glacier NP. We had o aler our route as the GTSR is still closed, so we headed up 93 to Fernie BC and up to the Crowsnest Pass and up hrough Kananaskis, hrough the brief snow storm and on into Banf. At Lake Louise for the moment and headed to Jasper as a day trip, then back to camp and on to south of Revelstoke tomorrow. . Cool temps(mid 40s)a change from the mid 90s

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Looks like the weather will be a bit less likely for rain than last year!!!!
Yes thanks to God! The extended forcast for more than a week now have been calling for rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, but my wife and I prayed about it and I saw in the report last night that they have dropped that prediction for Tue & Wed but now have scattered showers listed on Thursday. I think the people that have been traveling in the high temps will appreciate the mid-60's temps here too. :cheesygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

:clapper:I just saw the same thing.........things are shaping up very nicely for this NASSIR. I am very much looking forward to meeting some of these characters too !

:?just sayin'

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

We're here. :happy::jumper:It'seen some long days of driving but we're finally here. Comfort Inn Room 213. Now I just have to wash these filthy bikes.

41 - 60 of 187 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.