Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the World's best GoldWing forum brutustitan!

That windshield looks intriguing. I'd be interested in hearing a review if you go with it.

One thing I noticed though, they don't mention a vent. I assume your SE has a windshield vent? You may be losing your vent with this windshield.

John

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

I wonder if a stock vent could be installed into it? Also, the 1 pic that shows the windshield just doesn't look like its on a Wing?. and what is in the mounting kit.?

More info would be nice

:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I got on BMW site and from about 12 members that bought it,most were dissapointed and went back to the original windshield after a road test.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The bike in that picture sure isn't a Goldwing. Their picture of an 1800 is correct but that's no 1500.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Hi all I am new to this forum. Been reading the review on windshields for the 1500. I have a 2000 1500 SE. and need a new windshield. I would prefer looking over the windshield verse looking through it. has any one use the EURO SPORT WINDSHIELD FITS GL1500 GOLDWING 1988-2000 ? If so does the wind flow over your head or does it wipe you around? Those the have been talking about the Cee Baily's shield do you look through the windshield or over the top?

Thanks for your help

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ihave a stock height Cee Bailey, and ended up cutting off 1" which made it just right to see over. I won't ride with a windscreen that I can't see over, there have been too many times my screen has been hit with muddy water on a rainy day or suddenly turned opaque by a sudden temperature change riding in the mountains. It ain't fun if you have to stand on the pegs to see right in the middle of a curve. The Bailey is offered in different heights. I used to be about 6' tall before old age and gravity shortened me a bit so you might need something taller or shorter. I put a piece of masking tape vertically onon the inside of my windshield then sitting in normal position with the bike on both wheels marked a line on the tape that intersected my sight line to the ground about 50-60' ahead. That's the height I used when I cut the windshield down. You can use that measurement from the desired top to the windshield bezel to order from Cee Bailey. I can vouch for the quality of the Bailey windshield, it's still crystal clear and free from distortion even when wearing polarized sunglasses. It is a bit thicker than stock, I had to make up little washers to match the shoulder on the windshield mounting screws to be able to adjust the windshield up and down. On the other hand I haven't used the screen in the past three years except in the lowest position anyway.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I just installed the special edition on my 1800 it has a vent and it kicks but much better the my F-4+4....and yes the wind flows over and around you it works great!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Ihave a stock height Cee Bailey, and ended up cutting off 1" which made it just right to see over. I won't ride with a windscreen that I can't see over, there have been too many times my screen has been hit with muddy water on a rainy day or suddenly turned opaque by a sudden temperature change riding in the mountains. It ain't fun if you have to stand on the pegs to see right in the middle of a curve. The Bailey is offered in different heights. I used to be about 6' tall before old age and gravity shortened me a bit so you might need something taller or shorter. I put a piece of masking tape vertically onon the inside of my windshield then sitting in normal position with the bike on both wheels marked a line on the tape that intersected my sight line to the ground about 50-60' ahead. That's the height I used when I cut the windshield down. You can use that measurement from the desired top to the windshield bezel to order from Cee Bailey. I can vouch for the quality of the Bailey windshield, it's still crystal clear and free from distortion even when wearing polarized sunglasses. It is a bit thicker than stock, I had to make up little washers to match the shoulder on the windshield mounting screws to be able to adjust the windshield up and down. On the other hand I haven't used the screen in the past three years except in the lowest position anyway.
Cee Bailey also makes a 2" under stock height. Which for shorter people, like myself being 5'8" might be better, what you think exavid? Or I suppose leaving it at stock 24" would give the option of cutting to what you may need.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Answered via PM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.