Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I wish I could help more. Just had one delivered yesterday, $206 delivered thru EBay. It has the vent hole. It looks nice, but have not mounted it or tried it out yet.
Does not seem to be a lot of interest on this site for the VStream. Everone seems to like the Cee Bailey. I had one of those on a BMW, great shield. Never had one on a Wing so cannot compare the two. When I get mine up & running will post something on here.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
t/k you can you e-mail me after you have use it it looks good to me 206 on ebay i will look there but i will need your ok or no not good!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Im torn between the NC and the Cb..good luck

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
windshields

I've put a few vstreams on and have heard no complaints. I personally am hooked on the CeeBailey brand. Very high quality and very reasonably priced. Also many options.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I have the National Cycle VStream on my 89 GL1500 , when it arrived I was initially not so happy with it. It is of a different shape towards the bottom and not as wide as OEM. Also because of the way the shield is formed to make a V stream for air flow it caused some distortion toward the bottom of the shield. VStream is made with polycarbonate vs Lexan of OEM original and is more flexible than OEM and many of the other manufactures out there. Go to National Cycle web site and read The Windshield Bible. Long story. I am getting used to the shield and it's not terrible and I will keep it , doing it over again I would perhaps go with Cee Baily or Clearview windshield. JMHO , I really don't wish to disparage National Cycle because I do believe it is a good windshield. I ran through a heavy rain at Yellowstone last summer and it did seem to deflect a lot of rain away from me. One of my determining factors in buying the VSteam was saving a little money which if I recall it was somewhat lest costly.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I had a Plexifairing III from National Cycle on my GS850 and really liked it. Very good wind protection. Will probably get one for my new-to-me naked GL1100.

Brian

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I have had mine since Aug 2011, @30,000 miles now. I put it on for my cross country trip that ended up being 13,500 miles, 3 1/2 months so I rode in 110° leaving and really liked the vent being up about 5" higher than the markland that was on when I got the bike as it put the airflow up at my face, where I could feel it. Made a difference in using the hydration vest and neck wrap in the desert.
Car Toad mentioned the flex, yes it does and at 75 mph and above it flexes a lot in high wind so I'm not so keen on that.
Other than the flex at high speed and wind it's a great windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.