Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We have choices now in most state about helmet usee. How about you guys give us a choice (WITH THE mandatory safety warning) to find a restaurant or gas station without pulling to the side of the road and coming to a FULL STOP. There MUST be a way to turn the NAV's safety feature OFF> How about a break. ...jws

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Many times I have pulled into a station to get gas and turn the ignition off and get gas and get a drink , whatever. Be leading a group and pull out of the station and DARN!! I forgot to punch the enter button. :gunhead:

So what I have done is this. Go to Lowes, Wally World, and have a spare key made. Tell the person it is key blank number 27 for a Honda Car.

Insert the key into the gas door lock and mark the key at the surface of the lock. Now measure another 5/8th of an inch or so up from the first mark and cut the key off.

Now find a knob of your choice. For now I have used an old plastic radio knob(making a neat one out of a silver dollar) heat up the end of the key a bit and push it into the plastic knob. Now fill the open part of the knob up with some kind of epoxy and let it dry.

Now you have a key with a knob on it you can just leave in the gas door. It will also work the right pocket lock, but will not work the ignition. For it to work the ignition it has to seat a lot deeper.

So at a stop, with a group no one is going to bother your bike, riders are in and out of the store, just turn your ignition to accessory position at stops. Now when you turn it back to on and start the bike you are back online instantly and there is no boot up, no wait and no stopping to punch the enter button.

Kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.