Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started happening. -
2015 GL1800 NAVI ABS Comfort. I use the GPS Navi pretty often and it always worked well.
Recently, I noticed something odd.
At first the GPS lost the time. It thought it was 3:56 PM on consecutive days when I cranked it up and when it found the satellites it the time was correct.

Now it seems the time is correct - but it's losing the satellite locations pretty quickly. For instance I tested it, all working well and then I turned the bike off and after the GPS shutdown I turned the bike back on - after the GPS was displayed it took about a minute to locate the satellites. The bike didn't move and it was only off long enough to test about 5 seconds. Like I said this just started happening.

Always before I can't remember losing satellite locations so quickly if at all especially after a quick restart.

I looked at the forums and for other issues some people have said to reboot the system. I restored the default settings but not sure how to hard reset/reboot. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
24,823 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Have you added any electronics lately? My Garmin 2730 would loose satellites when running a VuPoint digital video camera nearby. High frquency noise (cheap LEDs can cause it) both airborne and in the bike's circuitry can mess with a GPS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing out of the ordinary - ( Iphone nearby running bluetooth as usual, freewire has been on for a few years now ). I'll double check. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts