Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know when Honda plans to update the Navi units? I have a 2007 V4.2 with city navigator v7 mapping soft ware installed. I called Garmin and was tild all updates have to go through Honda. I called Honda and was told the software was current and was not given any info regarding future updates

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

We did some investigation on this a while back. It is basically a Honda system, Garmin provided the know-how but it is put together the way Mother wanted.

When updates become available they will apparently be listed on the Honda website under Goldwings.

If you care to check the website for Odyssey vans or Accords you'll see there is a navi update section for those, that's just for curiosity, those updates won't work on the bike as far as I know. In fact I think they are all on DVD.

As an aside, I have been doing some investigation on how old the database is. What I have been doing is picking businesses that I know have moved in the last few years to see if the database has the old or new address. It is a good excuse for driving around.

So far I have determined that there are parts of the database which are at least three and a half years old.:coollep:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
imported post

It is possible to update your maps already. Mother is telling afib since she don´t want you navi types to go astray. Which you usually do any way since you got old maps. Well the subject was on the forum about a month a go. Search by navi, another way is to go to the GL1800riders.com. There is a forum about navi/mp3 where a fellow from England has made a deep dive into the system. I now that the latest version I have seen on both US and EU model bikes is v9.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.