Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All,
I am currently in the market for a GL1800 (08 or 09) and I have been told that I don't need to spring for the Navi Version if I get a Garmin Zumo 550 with an XM Antenna. My question to the group, is it possible to hardwire the Garmin and XM into the Goldwing Audio? Or will it only work if I get BlueTooth Audio for my helmet?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Hi Scott. Send a PM to jjambor, he owns Kennedy Technology who supply interfaces to do what you want. Just click on his name jjamborand then in the popup box click "send private message". Jay will be able to advise you on what you need.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

You also can get a mic splitter from edsets and then with a couple of cords that plug into the mic and audio out jacks on the Garmin you'll not only have the audio in your headset but you can also talk on your phone. Your phone can just be paired with the Zumo's Bluetooth so you don't need a cable going to it.

John

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I'm trying to integrate a Garmin into my 1500SE and there's a lot of odd connections one has to make. My goal isto be able to snap any GPS into the holder and be ready to ride. Right now I use a cassette adapter from the jack on my old GPS but newer units don't have the jack output.

GS Mclean came up with a good idea, using a telephone pick-up coil instead but there are a lot of snags yet to be worked out.

If someonesells a working unit then it would be the faster route.

What I like about the independant GPS is that they come on sale for $100 or less or can be bought used. If something goes wrong it doesn't involve the Honda dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

If one is tempted to just cut off the cigarette plug adapter and hard wire the power check the operating voltage of the GPS. The plug is also in many if not most cases also a voltage reducer to 5.5 volts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.